Is this STAFF stamp legit ???

I don’t know, the time and money involved in identifying the correct font face, thickness, pressure, positioning and colour of the stamp to begin with probably wouldn’t be worth it. Even if you did manage to perfect those the raw prerelease cards aren’t that much different in price to the staff cards from what I can tell (and you’d presumably need as mint as possible condition otherwise you’d need to add fake wear to the stamp as well) and I’m sure you wouldn’t get it right every single time.

The Italian seller’s Charizard cards stood out as fake because the font face and thickness were incorrect. In person I’m sure the pressure and colour would have looked slightly off as well.

The profit margin would probably be very low and the effort involved would be pretty high.

I’m not commenting on the financial incentives.

But the raw difficulty of producing a matchprint is greater. Your method failed.

3 Likes

It was a joke that I hope wasn’t taken as me picking on you. My humor is usually pretty dry.

As @churlocker said, the stamps are not terribly difficult to fake.

3 Likes

FWIW, when I saw this post I’ve checked my Prerelease STAFF stamped SM46 Seviper cards, which I have in English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish. All those stamps look exactly the same (although the English ones are slightly shifted towards the right in comparison for some reason, not sure what’s up with that). Of course, these SM promo STAFF stamps came a few years after the XY Evolutions ones, but I think that German Charizard STAFF is indeed fake when comparing it to the other STAFF stamps.

Greetz,
Quuador

5 Likes

Thanks for taking the time! I will used them and compare all the staff cards he has for sale. So you believe the charizard and gyarados are not legit right?

Based on the pictures I’d say the Gyarados is indeed not legit, but don’t quote me on it. Based on some of the other comments, the seller most likely is unaware of this him-/herself.

Here a real German STAFF stamped card I was able to find through google images you could add to your comparisons perhaps. Unfortunately not too great of a picture for comparing the STAFF stamps… (Apparently this one is also available for sale on eBay right now.)

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Here is a more decent pic of the same card the seller kindly provided

I find the “T” to be very thick compared to the real charizard and the german gyarados Quadoor posted, the shape of the “S” and the second “F” are off too and they look poorly indented as mentioned by AzulRyu. Considering all these factors I will have to pass on this one.

1 Like

Thank you all for the help!