Is this PSA Card Trimmed? PWCC next auction

Hi all!

While browsing the next auction for PWCC noticed this Kangaskhan with a substantial difference, in my eyes, between the card and the holder border:

www.pwccmarketplace.com/items/1917742

What do you think?

Cheers!

The only thing I notice is the edges of the psa case seem to look different, the front pictures edges look more squared off as opposed to the back pictures seem rounded. Is that what your referring to? Lighting could have changed? I’m not suuure. If youre worried about card authenticity you could look up the cert number perhaps

I think I know what he is saying, looking at the back of the picture, their is a pretty big difference between the card and card holder at the top so its not touching the edges like the rest of the card (left, right, and bottom side). I am not an error collector but in comparison, it looks like it is but let the EC experts chime in.Look at the difference between this sold listing:

Couldn’t one measure the width of the card to see if it’s been cut or not? I guess I’m not sure how much one shaves off when they cut the border.

Oh I see, like the cards physical dimensions seem to be smaller then usual, not filling in the space of the encasement usually occupied by the card. Ive had fake cards before that were not sized properly. I would think psa would catch a fake. Ive never seen this before so i look forward to seeing an answer to this!

1 Like

Tested this myself, nothing suspicious it seems. PSA cases allow for some movement inside, so there is always a gap.

If you take a photo with the case standing up, the card will touch the bottom of the case and the gap will be entirely at the top. That can be seen from both pictures, the first one shows no gap at the bottom and a significant gap at the top, whereas the second one shows two small gaps at bottom and top.

So, either all my PSA cards cards have been trimmed (I hope not), or this is just a consequence of the positioning of the card inside the case at the time the photo was taken. :blush:

1 Like

From my eye it does look a bit sketchy. When compared to the bottom corners it does seem that the top flattens out sooner in the curve. I’m no expert but I would personally steer clear. I also would not bet all of my money on PSA catching something like that. There are many inconsistencies that I’ve seen and this would not surprise me at all. I HIGHLY doubt it’s a fake card but the question is whether someone trimmed the card before getting it graded to make it appear to have better centering so that it would grade the gem 10.

Yeah that top left corner looks a bit iffy.

That card measures out fine. Just an inner compartment size difference.

2 Likes

Looks fine to me. I’ve seen many cards with slightly strange corners like that - they don’t always 100% match, but trimmed cards tend to mess up foil cards and crack/flake very easily.

Case fittance has changed when they updated them, the ones with the older PSA logo will have much less room than the ones shown here.