Is this Box Re-Sealed?

Bought a booster box from ebay seller leangz_156.

The box came with a very loose wrapping and there is even glue residue (or burnt plastic) on the bottom. there are other feedbacks claiming resealed boxes aswell.
Seller obviously reacts as surprised but is not willing to resolve the matter.
Not a big purchase but have gone through ebay to see what can be done.
But heads up if you come across this seller.

PS. Not sure if this is the right place or if there are any existing threads for shady ebay users. Please move to the right thread if so.

1 Like

I think before we go demonising a seller we’d need solid evidence they’re resealing products. What you’ve described here (loose wrap, weird looking “glue” seals) is pretty frequent among modern English booster boxes and has been for some time. Unbroken bonds and other SM era booster boxes were particularly awful, in my limited experience at least. The only way you’ll know for sure, not just for this box but for any sealed product you buy, is by taking one for the team and opening it up.

12 Likes

If people are resealing Paradox Rift then we have bigger problems

17 Likes

I agree with @JoshB here.

Someone resealing a Paradox Rift box is highly unlikely. Not impossible, but if you’re going to reseal and sell a box, why do it on one of the cheapest modern boxes? Those seals don’t stick out to me as anything out of the ordinary.

5 Likes

I specifically asked if they were factory sealed since his feedbacks claimed resealed boxes.
The second red flag was that he was selling multiple below market value.
He responded that they were all factory sealed and in good condition, yet didnt mention about the loose wrapping.
Ofcourse I cannot yet prove it has been tampered with but there are too many red flags.
I’m waiting until ebays decision on this, If I don’t return it, I will open it and share the results.

So there is feedback on this seller that they have sold resealed boxes, and you asking if the one you are purchasing is factory sealed was enough for you to go ahead and buy it?

2 Likes

i gave him the benefit of doubt. Nevertheless, should the focus be on questioning my purchasing decision or the practice of the seller? I’m confused…

I’ll play devils advocate here and say I’ve opened many cases where boxes came out with loose wrap and or/ it had that dimpled plastic on the top or bottom or side.

It’s a bummer boat to be in as the seller because it’s not your fault you got a shafted case when you paid the same as everyone else… best practice is to take accurate pics and sell the boxes with a good description,

1 Like

OP if you live in an area with a decent population of Pokemon fans, I’d recommend Facebook marketplace when buying modern. You can remove shipping fees and you won’t get better prices than that.

In my area it seems everyone is trying to dump modern sealed rn under market on Facebook. You may need to deal with a few weirdos but most people just wanna get rid of stuff they overbought

2 Likes

Once you leave your negative feedback and eBay refunds you, this sellers business on eBay is highly jeopardized so you would’ve done all you can. In the future if you’re going to buy on eBay, I’d go with an experienced seller. This guy only has 31 feedback and 2 negative feedback at that low of sales is never a good idea to buy from. Especially being one a gazillion sellers of modern boxes. If you’re looking for a deal, FB marketplace as others mentioned.

both

We need to use some critical thinking before conducting a witch-hunt. Why would someone want to reseal a Paradox Rift or any cheap ultramodern box? I think OP is a bit paranoid after reading reviews.

2 Likes

I remember when I sold an evolutions box I pulled from my first order with a distributor and the buyer said it was resealed. This happened the following two auction blocks so I completely stopped selling English modern sealed on eBay.

I’m not saying OP is necessarily wrong, I am saying this type of claim is thrown around as loosely as pokemon wraps the boxes.

4 Likes

Poor ebay seller having his feedback ruined because of Pokemons QC :upside_down_face: Loose wrap and that weird plastic texture is par for the course with modern releases at the moment