Is this a PSA 10 worthy card?

I’ve got several Japanese cards with the exact same issues from collections I’ve picked up… And even one with a big corner dent/crease that got a 10!

2 Likes

Dang. Heavy. Have to appreciate the honesty. Many others act the same way, but won’t talk the same way and surely would never put it in writing. Props.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be happy with it personally. Even if it technically qualifies as a PSA 10, it’s a shoddy looking new back Japanese card. New backs have such a high level of quality that I’m less tolerant to damage.

That’s my own personal preference though.

1 Like

I can’t let this go just in case newbies happen apon this thread.This is total nonsense. Grades are way more lenient these days (especially since the reinterpretation took place in 2003) plus there’s waaaaay more mistakes made now. As most sports collectors know, even the 1990s were stricter than the 2000s.
If you have a choice, go with the older serial numbers. Then you can always recase them.

3 Likes

I’ve had much worse Japanese 10s when it comes to edges of the card. The card you are showing looks like a 10 and the flaws look worse on close up pictures like Gary said. Nothing to worry about imo.

2 Likes

I would take a picture of the entire card back and front for perspective. The way those shots are focusing on exactly the flaws is probably skewing people’s perception

Like I said in the post I’m not comfortable showing what the card is. But yeah I get you. I have focused on only the bad intentionally. That way I can hear the worst and when that’s all said and done there’s nothing but good left :blush:

I can respect that but am a little confused why it would be such a concern for you

Lets just say I may or may not have set a new price for a certain mid-end trophy. And I know I may in fact get a lot of negativity here for it. I’ve been a silent follower long enough to see some mean things said lol.

That should be just under enough hints hahaha!

3 Likes