I bought this for $1

It’s still only worth $1.
Base set, fossil, jungle, 1st Ed Neo Genesis & Discovery packs all for a measly £2.50 each. It feels good just to have the memory that I bought several packs at that sweet retail price.
$200 for bitcoin and $300-$500 on loads of fossil and jungle 1st edition boxes.
Instead of bought, I sold. I was like 14-15 and asked my parents to sell my collection. I had Lots of Gold Stars and WOTC Holos, most of which individually sold for 1$ each.

Here’s the prices I paid for my complete sets, in the order of when I purchased them (2009-2015):
1st Ed. Rocket - $50
1st Ed. Gym Heroes - $50
1st Ed. Gym Challenge - $50
Southern Islands - $30
1st Ed. Neo Genesis - $115
1st Ed. Neo Revelation - $115
1st Ed. Neo Destiny (no shinings) - $280
Legendary Collection Master set - $450
Expedition - $280
Deoxys - $300
Skyridge - $580
Though my best purchase was probably a 1st Ed. Base Charizard for $15 at Northeast Regionals 2010 in Philly. Graded a PSA 5.
update picture thought I would shed some light.
This is one of the sealed 1st ed Chinese booster box that I purchased form that place. It is faded on the venusaur side and has a little tear in the wrapping that I made a post about before because of tape. The price tag is still on it thought Id share.

50 TWD = 1.66 USD? lol
According to my sources there. The company that distributed pokemon cards there failed to negotiate their new license deal in 2008 and as a result all english boxes were stopped that year. Many stores sold them as junk and in supermarkets (Where I got my base set 2s and fossils)
and a bunch of japanese people came and swooped up huge lots for cheap
looks like your pack also
SHED SOME LIGHT

![]()
That’s going to be one hell of a solarbeam
In late 2009, a First Edition Base Set (ex-nm-mt) for $150!

Ah… this thread makes me feel so uneasy… T.T
okay, yeah,
1st edition neo destiny boxes $400
1st edition neo revelation boxes $360
1st edition base sets $600 Nm+ complete
i broke those stupid boxes… and totally regret it
as i got a production scratched shining magikarp… pack fresh was damaged with a big printer line across the front… (don’t worry it doesn’t look like an error, it is just a big scratch thanks WOTC!) and the neo destiny box only had a raichu and celebi. no zard ![]()
Too bad I never bought booster boxes as a kid… Tbh, I don’t think I can name anything noteworthy from collecting back in the day. I only bought or received booster packs, which were around 4-5 Gulden/euro, which they still are.
I did win an auction for about 300 cards once for 0.80 cents, and currently also have around 7000 cards incoming which I won for ~150 USD.
Maybe some Pikachus I bought in the last two years of collecting that were worth almost ten times as much as what I bought them for. But then again, I also had the reverse and overpaid by multiple times, so it barely matters…
The difference between being a kid versus being a teen/adult in the early days of Pokémon TCG collecting I guess. ![]()
Greetz,
Quuador
2010: $0.99 for the entire Vending Series 1 set.
2009: $8 for three Aquapolis packs that had Crystal Lugia and Kingdra.
JAN 4th, 2016
Ungraded Kangaskhan Trophy Mint
Paid: $1900
![]()
crying while typing this cause i’m slowing looking for deals to complete these sets.
It was a total fluke listing. Didn’t have any pictures and probably had an auction title that wasn’t straightforward. It was a gamble that paid off, honestly.
Wow dreamgirl that is a insane deal!! ![]()
Sometime in 2015 I think it was I brought a job lot for £80 of about 2000 cards from base, fossil, rocket, jungle etc that contained a unlimited base set charizard that graded a psa 10. If you divide the cost of the joblot by the number of cards it’s about 4p for the charizard. ![]()
I also brought a mint condition japanese Ul rayquaza gold star which graded a 10 for £30 that same year.
about $250 for a skyridge booster box. Many WOTC 1st edition boxes were also obtained for sub $350AUD. I remember scoring PSA10 1st edition jungle cards for under $50 as well.
Since I haven’t been collecting as long as some of you have been my good old days are quite recent (started collecting in 2014): All in Canadian currency
•129$ for Legendary Collection Blister pack in 2015.
•17$ each for 10 Ex dragon Frontiers booster packs in 2015.
•54$ for four first edition Team Rocket packs 2016.
•98$ for a lot of sealed booster packs, theme decks (opened), 3 empty Japanese booster boxes-flash fire, primal clash, phantom forces. The sealed booster packs were (9 call of legends, 6 furious fists, 6 double crisis, 11 Japanese phantom forces, 1 English phantom forces, 6 Japanese flash fire, 7 japanese primal clash, 1 plasma blast and four theme decks (brush fire, blackout, over growth x2) that were opened but two of them had their cards and contents in them while the other two had their booklets) in 2016.
•$20 each for 2 deoxys booster packs 2015
•360$ for 20 base set 2 long packs 2015
•54$ for Ex series 3 pack blister pack 2015
•20$ for 20 holos wotc (they werent in the greatest of condition but they will be replaced soon with better versions).
•68$ for a shadowless Charizard (it’s not mint but I’m happy with it)
•$70 for a Psa 9 dragonite rev.(legendary collection) 2017.
•60$ for 3 fossil blister packs 2014 or 2015
•36$ or 38$ each for two Ex team rocket returns booster packs 2016.
These were the ones I could remember off the top of my head. I know I have paid more than the people who started earlier but I feel like I have done a decent job saving money where I can.
2009:
- $700 for a PSA 10 1st edition base set Charizard
- $950 for a complete set of PSA 9 1st edition base set holos (16 cards)
- $100 for an ungraded but freshly opened set of 1st edition base set non-holos (87 cards) - many of these became PSA 10s