If you could pick any 3-stage evolution pokemon as a starter, which would it be?

We’ve had decades of fire/water/grass starters chosen for us. If you could have any 3-stage evolution pokemon as a starter, which would you choose for your first partner pokemon?

My top 3 would be:

1. Beldum
  2. Aron
  3. Mareep
4 Likes
  1. Horsea → Seadra → Kingdra
  2. Trapinch → Vibrava → Flygon
  3. Porygon → Porygon2 → Porygon-Z
2 Likes
  1. Bagon
  2. Togepi (BW and up)
  3. Hoppip (USUM and up)
1 Like

I wanna see a split evolution starter like Poliwrath/Politoed

That way you can choose if you want to take the bipedal degenerate route or the classic monster route

On a completely unrelated note, Buneary > Lopunny > M Lopunny is a good option for starter :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I think Horsea is a great one. I always liked that Kingdra is dragon type

This would actually be novel idea for a starter. Followed by version exclusive starters

1 Like

Mysterious fossil → Kabuto → Kabutops

Also starting with a baby pokemon would be fun.

Pichu → Pikachu → Raichu

3 Likes

Magby, Litwick or Mareep would be fun as a starter.

1 Like

I was going to say the Abra line, but Abra doesn’t learn any offensive moves until it evolves so it wouldn’t be a good first Pokemon. I just played Let’s Go Pikachu and used Nidoking and thought that would actually be a good starter Pokemon for trainers in Kanto that don’t have connections to a Pokemon professor. So I would say Nidoran male/female would be a good choice.

4 Likes

The nido lines are classic. If abra started with something like confusion it would be a winner

2 Likes

Agree with mareep. Would also vote swinub and caterpie.

I would say Gengar line but the trade evolution gimmick kills this idea.

But imagine a Spinoff game where everything is Halloween/Ghost themed and the whole pokemon world is more into classic Tim Burton’ish style. May be it’s a gloomy little european region witha location near dark forests and swamps with some abandoned castles/villages.
All gyms are ghost and dark gyms. And the whole plot is about witches and wizards and magic.
And your starters are

1. Litwick
  2. Gastly
  3. Duskull (i would put Cofagrigus but it has just 2 evos)
    A dream game! :heart_eyes:
4 Likes

That sounds lovely, a non-traditional game for sure.

1. Oddish → Gloom → Vileplume
  2. Poliwag → Poliwhirl → Poliwrath
  3. Pichu → Pikachu → Raichu
1 Like

Pidgey
Abra
Weedle
Raltz

1 Like

Psyduck~ golduck~ revert it back to psyduck.

1 Like

6 Likes

Abra
Gastly
Shinx

2 Likes

Goomy, shinx, and trapinch. I think a slime that turns into an odd dragon, cutesy electric cat into fierce electric jaguar, and insect that evolves with wings would be awesome visually and as a kid to imagine being in that world would be amazing.

Porygon-Porygon2-Porygon Z

Deino-Zweilous-Hydregon

Elekid-Electabuzz-Electivire

2 Likes