Identifying shadowless 2 player starter deck + Price

Firstly, I love you guys. I have read the literature in the articles / guides here and I am fairly confident this 2 player starter deck box is shadowless.

I am looking to purchase this locally, but the pricing is not as easy to find as a gold strip box due to the less apparently indicators for the shadowless variant. This makes ebay comps difficult. I am hoping for some suggestions.

Two questions.

1. is it shadowless? I think yes, based on:
    A.1 No gold strip but there is a transparent strip in
    same area
    B. Copyright dates on back say 1995, 1996, 1998
    and 1999
    C. Package says "1O damage counters’ instead
    of just "damage counters D We hear the counters
    rattle inside box (they say)
    D. Six energy cards shown on back
    E. Bottom of package has “WOCO0647”
    F. Bottom of box does not appear to have cards
    like the top does (they say)

I will confirm the physical placement of the vards and counters in person.

1. what would you price this item at?

I very much appreciate your expertise.

If this is not allowed here, I apologize and I will correct this.

1 Like

Anywhere between $150-1,000 USD depending on the seller. :upside_down_face:

1a: Theres no guarantee of shadowlessness with these and tranparent strip signifies that its after the guaranteed shadowless run.
1b/c/d: These all are the first variation of box so it is an earlier print run (at least not the almost for sure unlimited)
1e: This number means it was not from a deck display box but separately packed to be put onto peghooks using a hangtab (also known as J hook). Usually these were slightly later than the first runs which were usually in the display boxes, so a slightly lower chance of finding shadowless
1f: This is usually the strongest indicator if the other variations are correct for possible shadowless.

2: There were so many 2 player starter decks made and very few people are able to follow all the bariations that only sometimes signify anything that values range from $150 (they assume all starter decks are the same) to $700 (theyve overinflated the value of the possible shadowless). Usually the market price for these is between $200-300, $400 if someone really wants that deck specifically.

This is what I was thinking! all the way to 1k?

Thank you, very clear. Resell might be difficult with this level of detective action needed im guessing.

Reselling is easy, making a profitis what is not likely without a guarantee and even if you get everything right there still is a chance its unlimited.

1 Like