I want to extend a helping hand with protecting YOUR cards.

Hey everyone!

So a number of you guys and gals might be familiar with a couple of the guides I’ve written here on the fourum. Generally the topics I like to touch on involve some aspect of protection and/or security for our ever growing collections. It’s a topic that I’ve found a real fascination with over the past year or so. As such, I’ve gained a lot of insight and knowledge into a corner of the hobby that we as collectors don’t really discuss as often as (I think) we should.

Recently, I helped another user on efour in terms of advice for a safe they were purchasing. We chatted about a lot of different things, and I gave them a lot to think about in terms of their own security and what they perceived as a threat to their own collection. We got to talking about other security topics in addition to what their safe offered and came to a set of conclusions that were ideal for their budget and needs. A lot of what I discussed with this individual could be found in a few of the guides that I had already written, but discussion and “thinking outside the box” yielded a result that was much more satisfactory than anything I could have put in print. It was a win for their budget and piece of mind. It was a win for me, as it helped someone else, and I love the vibes I get from that.

While I plan on continuing to write guides on security/protection for collections for the foreseeable future, I want to take things a step further and specialize with more folks one-on-one. So here it is: Anyone reading this, feel free to reach out to me for any security related questions you have.

I’m not bound to just the messaging system on efour either. Obviously you’ll need to PM me first, but if you want to give me a call, skype, email, or send smoke signals I’m happy to do that with you as well. Whatever you are comfortable with, and whatever questions you may have I want to help you out.

The cost for a consultation with me is ZERO dollars. What I make from offering this service is a better understanding into the hobby, the concerns that we as collectors have and ultimately solutions to deal with these issues. I WANT to be challenged, I want to be asked questions I don’t know the answer to so I can make myself better, more informed, and more useful to the community at large.

Before I end my posting here I did want to make it a point to tell anyone reaching out to me to understand that I am not a security expert. I am a collector, just like you, that has taken a serious interest in this part of the hobby. I specialize in a few key security aspects where a bulk of my research goes into (safes, padlocks, fire protection, and home fortification to name a few) but I look into everything else relating to this topic.

Reach out, I’m here to help.

12 Likes

Nice idea son. There’s certainly a need and a lack of info/ideas.

One area that hasn’t been touched on is LARGE collections. How can you secure/hide/protect a few thousand PSA cards?

I actually have a sitting list of article ideas I have to write, and that is actually on the list. Something I would like to tackle in the future for sure.