Horrible eBay Policy

I know I’ve mentioned this before but for our newer people:
How would you like to pay eBay for your listing and they come back and put a cheaper competing offer link right below your title and price?

2 Likes

Clearly an attempt to compete with Amazon’s identical feature.

I don’t understand why either one of them do it. Supermarkets don’t. Just let people make their own choices and find what they find.

3 Likes

Amazon takes a cut of all sales but do they charge to list? I don’t think so. But eBay charges us store prices so our listings aren’t free.

Here’s what I’ll do. If I find the spam on my listing, I’ll close it and resubmit it later;) Wonder if that works?

Amazon doesn’t charge per listing, but they charge a flat rate to be able to list within a category.

1 Like

I guess amazon always did then and eBay didn’t. So basically they took something away from us when they started it and didn’t give anything back, like decreased fees, when they started it.
Hmmm…if not that, I feel a difference but can’t pinpoint what else.

stupid ! ridiculous !

So it s impossible for you to sale your product or maybe you need to put a new price at 700 usd but as you are at 700 usd the guy will put 650 usd and you won’t have any choice to put 600 usd ^^

As usual ebay doesn’t care of their seller

1 Like

hmmm yeah this sucks… especially with card and so much price / condition variance… or different promo variants.

people could easily get fooled into buying one product but its not the same condition. i think those who are smart will understand where to buy.

but this sucks hard for new products with identical utc codes… prices keep going down, and supply is being limited for new product.

2 Likes

I’ve been slowly progressing to CardMarket for lower tier items recently because I am kinda fed up with eBay, their fees, and their imbalance between regional websites. And since I have to redo all my items anyway in 2 weeks on eBay (due to a +10% shipping cost increase on 1st January) maybe I take it all down for a while.

I’m not sure if you know this; but you can “Bulk Edit” your eBay Listings! You can pretty-much do everything with this feature including update your shipping-cost and “Bulk Edit” your Description. For Example, all of my eBay Listings have a generic “Business Policy” Section where I state my shipping-cost of $2.75. If I want / need to adjust that cost, I can simply highlight something like 500 Listings at once and adjust that shipping-cost AND change my Item Description to match. GREAT Feature!

I am aware of the Bulk Edit, I love using it. But the business policy, dunno if that applies to my account :grin:

(: free market(: sorry mate

plus on amazon certain listings require approval to list certain items. not to mention a buyer can issue a charge back on an item they bought from you without returning it at all.