Heritage Auctions: Experience with their pre-grading judgment of raw cards

Other than PWCC, Heritage Auctions also sells raw cards. The condition of those cards is then included in the description. I have recently bought cards that were described as 5-7 but actually range from 8-10. Do you also feel that HA underrates raw cards to be on the safe side?

Do you have an example of a lot they said was 5-7 but was actually 8-10? That’s obviously a massive mess up if so.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/memorabilia/trading-cards/pokemon-dragonite-18-t-promotional-cards-pokemon-card-trainers-vol-19-trading-card-game-the-pokemon-company-2002-uncert/p/332334-13004.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

As an example that says 7 and looks to be accurate

1 Like

I think HA tends to underrate raw cards to always have a happy customer. You want people’s expectations to be low, so that they’ll be pleasantly surprised when the cards come in. That will get them to bid again next time. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I note that you took the card of my profile picture as an example :slight_smile:
I will post a few pictures of the cards in this thread soon, along with the original heritage auction.
As @Dyl says, I think they are conservative with the grades.

2 Likes