Help me pick an "X" card!

Hello, I am a pretty niche collector. One of my goals is to collect a card of a Pokemon that starts with every letter of the English alphabet. The most limited one, you might imagine, is ‘X.’ I have only three options: Xatu, Xerneas, and Xurkitree. I do not like the design of Xerneas and Xurkitree really, and I try to stay away from promos, foreign language cards, and cards that cost a lot; mostly because I want my collection to stay under 1000 cards. This is a fun little question to have some of you help me out, so: what Pokemon ‘X’ card do you think I should add to my collection?

Right now I am leaning towards Xerneas from Steam Siege:

because it looks so taken aback at being in a room full of mechanisms, when it is one of the most majestic and natural Pokemon of all time.

I also like the Xatu from ex Dragon Frontiers:

simply because it is Dark type, but I have a lot of other Delta Species in the collection/queue so I have passed on it before

Just wanted to start a different type of collecting topic, and I know that sometimes a card could look very different in person than from a screenshot, so I wanted to ask everyone a different type of collection question, thanks in advance!

11 Likes

8 Likes

I second that Xatu.

1 Like

With Dragon Frontiers as my favorite set I say with no bias at all go with the Delta Xatu :sunglasses:

1 Like

I know you said you only wanted English cards, but come on.

If I had to go with an English one, then I’d pick ex Sandstorm.

7 Likes

It would be one of these two for me

6 Likes

When people ask if the barrier for collecting Pokemon cards is too high, I feel like they haven’t read enough posts like this one.

I love this idea for a collection! Hopefully, you make a post with the finished result someday :smiley:

1 Like

XY full art ex Xerneas is a stunner

I love this collection idea! If you really dont want a xerneas or a xurkitree, my choice for xatu would be this one by Sui.

5 Likes

I’ll throw in this more recent xatu card, Hataya looks like very promising newer artist!

1 Like

Wow, thanks for the ideas everyone! This idea came about because I have a document with a master list of the cards I own/want. It is organized by letter, so it always felt a little lonely without an ‘X’ card. Definitely leaning towards Xatu, a lot of these cards I am seeing differently. My only problem is that I want a bunch of these, hehe. I want to eventually post my collection someday, but it is currently in storage since I just moved. Happy collecting everyone!

1 Like