Help I can't find any information anywhere on this venusaur card

I can’t find any information on my son’s venusaur card. It similar to alot of cards I can see on the net but not identical. The card number is 20/124. It’s not in the best condition as it’s been a hand me down card.

I don’t have that much experience with newer cards, but I would say it’s fake. The fonts, among other things, differ greatly from those on the real card. The real card is actually the Mega Venusaur Ex 2/108 from the Evolutions set. The set symbol on your card is the one from Steam Siege, a set that did not feature this artwork.

5 Likes

As stated above this card is fake. The font i way off for starters and that is a dead giveaway.

1 Like

Yeah the card # should be 2/146, and it looks like the set symbol is for Steam Siege not XY Base Set :confused: Sadly fake

1 Like

Thankyou for the replies. Do they normally do fakes so bad that the put the wrong card numbers on there. The card must have been traded at some point a long time ago without me knowing as they were only ever bought brand new.

Making and selling fakes is a get them out as quickly as possible game for some folk that make them. Accuracy isn’t the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd priority, it’s the get them close enough to get people to buy them dirt cheap. There is no money in trying to make super accurate modern cards.

1 Like