Has anyone used the PSA Financial Guarantee Service

does this service work with japanese pokemon cards as well?
I notice that the japanese pokemon cards are never held static inside the cases and can have whitening when shaken around

It’s normal that they’re loose in the case, and i doubt whitening will be caused by shaking them.

I think it is important to hold PSA accountable in this situation. Would it be possible for you to tell the seller you are away for the week to try and get a response from PSA first? Maybe keep calling and/or sending emails explaining the situation in its entirety. Tell them the seller has offered a full refund and that you would like to accept it but that you believe they need to correct their mistake instead since it has a direct effect on the market and their reputation. Tell them about this thread and how many people now know of the situation. If they have any brains at all the proper move is for them to fix the grade and refund you the exact amount it’s worth otherwise they are devaluing their brand and service.

i have a japanese plasma gale charizard graded 10 with a lot of whitening on the back.

The damages must’ve been on card before it was even submitted to PSA.

@funmonkey54

Wasn’t it you who did the 5 minute shake test with some “rattler” PSA card and the condition remained unchanged?

Omg

can’t imagine anyone sending it in to be graded with all that whitening, but shaking doesn’t cause that type of damage

so does this qualify for the financial guarantee service?

@dreamgirl1959

In my opinion it’s worth the shot, there’s so much edgewear on back most collectors would consider it as PSA 7 or 8. Simply overlooked by the grader.

That charizard has wear on the corners which couldn’t have possibly been caused by the case. I would definitely get the grade fixed on that if possible.

1 Like

holy moly…
like others have said, the case couldn’t have damaged the card like that if it could lol.
man that must’ve been an absolute bummer to receive in the mail :L.

I have just gotten my refund from the seller after a week. All smooth and has not seen the card for sale on eBay since then. I still have not heard from PSA though. Been more than 1 week since I last sent them an email.

you are lucky the situation was so cut and dry for you in the end .___.

with my “1st edition” charizard that PSA graded I have to either rely on their guarantee or sell it myself. selling it myself is incredibly unethical and horrible, so here I am sitting on my hands

I was very lucky that I decided to review the card after i got it in hand just to appreciate the beauty of a gem mint 1st edition shining charizard. I did not in my dreams *nightmares* thought of encountering a fault on a PSA 10 card, especially on a card that valuable. It shocked me and instantly i knew i had to inform the fourum. I was really lucky that i took action on this quick with the help of you guys. I am really sorry @fazool that you found out about your stamped charizard after some time. PSA will hopefully respond to your messages and rectify what had been done as that is the only option now. I wish you all the best and hopefully will not encounter such a problem again in the future, i know exactly how you are feeling now. I will be hoping for the best for you.

1 Like

thank you very much. the support from everyone helps a lot. I’m glad everything worked out in the end for you!

1 Like