Hardest card/cards to obtain

Yeah I think a few copies reached the $400 mark or close back then. Even Scott refused to sell me his for $350. He had his listed for $600-700. I also got an 8 for like $50 in the same time frame. I just really needed that 9.

Previously, Championship Arena in Japanese. GOD that was hard to track down. v_v

Currently… ART ACADEMY PROMOS.

1 Like

Pre-release raichu

4 Likes

Not hard to find. Both loch ness monster and Bigfoot have one;)

6 Likes

I was expecting more bites than I thought :joy: damn

@jcincy101
Yes sir, it will be soon 4 years since I added that thing on WTB thread and here we are still looking for the deal.

I think a 10 on the Clefable went out the window with the modern PSA standards on grading. I get a kick out of how lax PSA used to be compared to now.

Hey Gary I have a no symbol 10 mr Mime, just slide me over a Charizard and we will call it even :blush:

Rusty you are saying that you think they are grading cards harder these days? Interesting as I think it is the first time I have heard that usually you hear people talking the other way around if anything.

1 Like

Most definitely. I look at old certs on 7-9 and they are terribly inconsistent compared to grading now. I use to send any 1st edition holo from base set to PSA. The only way I would EVER get a 5/6 is if it had creasing and even then 4 and under was basically non-existent. I never buy old certs for PSA unless I can get a clear shot of the front and back in detail. Many of them are over-graded quite a bit. When I have to choose between two cards in a set with the same grade, I always compare the condition, but usually anything that starts with a “1” and is graded 7-9 that is what gets booted.

Nowadays I normally re-grade a few cards from returns but rarely do I find they have been over-graded. I really enjoy the fact that they are much more harsh now in grading. To me it helps set them as a standard and so many more collectors go for the PSA consistently rather than raw cards. If you are saying that the general opinion is the opposite that seems a bit bizarre to me. Maybe this comparison is on more of a shorter time frame. PSA has definitely tightened down on condition grading for Pokemon Cards over the past 3 years.

What’re your thoughts on that @KingPokemon … I could be remembering incorrectly but I thought I recall you saying you would take older certs any day over new ones because PSA used to grade harsher compared to now?

1 Like

Maybe for orders with a certain dollar value declared, but they have been absolutely abysmal with anything bulk.

I was searching for the 6 energy set pcg-p for a year, everyday on yahoo japan, mercari, and ebay. I missed one two months ago that someone sold it for 7,777 yen on mercari while I was working :thinking: . I know someone was selling sealed one on yahoo japan last year, but it was asking a lot.

I’m still searching for it

2002 and before yes. But I think the prerelease Clefable 10 chances went out the window the day the sheets were cut. Those two soft corners were killers.

Burning shadows rainbow Charizard. I’ve opened 6 boxes and MANY single packs… this cards is dodging me at all costs

2 Likes

Basically all the pre-XY era Pikachus I’m still missing. Most haven’t popped up even once ever since I started collecting at the end of 2015 (actually, probably for less than 5 that’s the case, the other ones have popped up but sold at different places than I looked at or sold before I came across it most likely). Still, most of the ones I’m still missing I haven’t seen for sale even once, otherwise I would have bought them when they did…

Greetz,
Quuador

Unlimited Korean Base Charizard! Only ever seen one in the wild and it was not for sale :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

If there ever was a psa 10 pre fable, what do you reckon it’s price range would be ? :blush:

I t has to be around $10000, but with a POP 1 it’s literally what anyone is willing to pay. I could be way off for that reason, but certainly it’s a lot!

Piplup [San Diego 07] (Diamond & Pearl) 2007 Pokémon USA annual distributor meeting
Turtwig [New York 08] (Diamond & Pearl) 2008 Pokémon USA annual distributor meeting
Munchlax [Chicago 09] (Rising Rivals) 2009 TCPi annual distributor meeting

Probably the vast majority of collectors doesn’t even know of the existence of these cards. Let alone obtain a full set

1 Like