Grade or not sets? Neo, rocket, gym

I have first 13 sets complete, a couple of them are all first editions while looking through them some of the cards look perfect (since they went from pack to sleeve), some with one or two pin point areas with silver… I can’t decide if i should break up my sets just to have them graded… ultimately, i admit i care about the money more and hobby second

For financial reasons I’d definitely recommend grading the mint holos, as most cards from those sets will be valued more than a raw NM/Mint card if they achieve a PSA 8.

A lot of those cards at PSA 10 command obscenely high prices.

Only cards that aren’t worth it are the more inexpensive jungle, fossil and gym cards that you don’t believe will grade at a 9 or higher.

1 Like

Keep them as complete sets unless you have some of the really expensive cards in pristine condition. In that case just replace them to re-complete the sets.

1 Like

I had the same issue. I graded ones that were clearly 10s or very strong 9s, sold the 10s and bought raw or PSA 9 copies to replace the old 10s in my binder.

1 Like

Grade them when you’re ready to sell then. Why grade them now and tie up the money if you’re just tucking them away!

2 Likes

Cost of grading might be higher in 5 years?

Also, even if kept away in folders etc., the condition might be impacted from 5 years of storage.

From OP’s original post, it sounds like he might be interested in selling anyway.
He may have the #17 tyranitar etc. in potential PSA 10 condition. Would be silly not to grade if so, as he could make thousands on one card and just buy a raw NM copy for his binder to replace.

1 Like