God Tier Double Swirls

Hey! Thats my jumpluff lol. Its actually the exact card from the picture on the left. Like you already figured out, it just looks like that because of the picture angle and lighting. All of the swirls from my other cards can look like this as well.

2 Likes

It’s a great one, the vertical double swirls are the coolest! Best Jumpluff card, one of my favorite pokes. :smiley:

I was aware of the angle and lighting/directionality before posting here now, what I failed to realize is that this is the only thing at play, I really haven’t been doing my homework, I’m slightly embarrassed. :laughing: Usually I just glance over my own swirls with a quick 3 second flick under the light, which has lead me to see swirls looking different online.

2 Likes

Hey no worries at all! We’re all learning piece by piece. :smiley:

1 Like

Thing is, I can guarantee you I’ve been staring at swirls in the basement at some point, seen all the angles, and then completely forgotten about it. Though I guess after all these years something has to slip at times.

Thank you for trying to make me feel like less of an idiot. :laughing: :heart:

For those of you looking to complete that double swirl Neo Genesis 1st Edition set…

@seeingdubble @smokemon @pinn033

3 Likes

thanks for looking out Dyl! was seriously considering the skarmory, but it sold while i was thinking about it. probably for the best because i may have found another with better swirl placement. the gatrs tempting too

1 Like

@Dyl everything I do is with the intention to build my ultimate Pokédex and for that I think I will go with 5 or 6 cards with different types of double swirls for it. I haven’t decided yet which Pokémon will have what double swirls and I probably will only go with two english cards from the neo genesis set and maby a foreign neo genesis but that will be it I think so I don’t intend do go for the full set. The reason for my intensive research is to learn what options I have on picking cards for my Pokédex. :sweat_smile: Still great ebay finds and thanks for sharing because sharing is caring :heart: :smiley:

1 Like

Quite overpriced, but here’s another double swirl T17

1 Like

same seller posted up a beautiful feraligatr as well.

1 Like

Got a new addition to my psa 9 set coming in next week… In the meantime heres my bgs slowking.

5 Likes

Not technically a double swirl card, but there isn’t a thread for triple swirls…

Noticed the third swirl hiding in the bottom right of the artwork on my old Kyogre the other day (only took about 11 years to notice it). :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Christmas came early this year lol. I still need to find the right lighting, but this will do for now.

4 Likes

Just got this one in today. Sending it out tomorrow to PSA hoping it crosses to a 9 so I can make progress on my set. One of the few times I would give up a 9.5 for a 9 lol. Fingers crossed, but PSA has been tough lately.

6 Likes

What a beautiful card! Did you crack it or send it in for crossover? I’ve had awful luck with crossover in the past, so I exclusively crack and resubmit now.

1 Like

thanks! I’m sending as is. If it fails, at least its still a cgc 9.5. I already have a copy in a psa 8 so it would be a huge loss for me. have you sent in any 9.5 slabs that didnt at least get a 9?

1 Like

I’ve only tried to cross up from 9.5 to 10. I have my fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

Thanks Dyl! I’m super nervous it’s going to get sent back just like that, but I went with economy so we’ll see a couple months from now. If I see one in a PSA 9 before I get it back, i’ll have to jump on it lol.

1 Like

Just got this back today, looks like more than one swirl right?

3 Likes

I picked up this Unlimited Neo Discovery Espeon with a double (partial) swirl. At first I was not sure if it would be a double swirl, but when I put it side by side to my Blaine’s Moltres, the length between each of the swirls was identical. Neo Discovery double swirls seem to be incredibly rare compared to Gym Sets or Neo Genesis.

Of course, the pictures do not do it justice. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

@smokemon @pinn033 Do you think this Dark Persian has a very partial double swirl? If so, the GB Meowth and the Dark Persian are some of the first promos with double swirls.

3 Likes