Gen-1 - My Collection

Hey Guys!

I thought I would start my first post on E4 with sharing my collection. I mostly collection Japanese vintage, Pikachu Promos and some random bits and bobs of a Pokemon theme!

I recently just finished framing my 1997 Carddass Prism Collection, this is my favourite set from the early Japanese era. The art style is one of the most classic for me! I plan to send off the ungraded cards (they’ll probably be around 7s-8s, maybe pushing 9s) at some point but the turn around time is off putting currently. Not quite sure why the Mew received a 5, I thought it was better than some of the 7s!

I have the remaining non prism cards in my binder, I may get a custom frame made to frame them all in one!

25 Likes

Beautiful collection, welcome! Love that frame :blush:.

Those cardass cards are seriously tempting to get into, the artwork is really nice!

1 Like

Thanks! They really are something different! The combat drawing style on some of the cards is awesome!

1 Like

That is easily one of my most favorite Blastoise artworks ever created. Awesome collection!

2 Likes

Aerodactyl absolutely destroying that poor Slowpoke hahaha. Awesome collection!

2 Likes

Awesome! Carddass cards are so unique. One look at them and they just scream “early gen 1” and “First Movie”. So much nostalgia, especially the Dragonite and Mewtwo

Aerodactyl has always gotten the short end of the stick…only 20 cards after all these years, only a handful of promos. They’ve done it a disservice. I want more art of them just absolutely murking other pokemon

I recently had some of the Shogakukan Stamps arrive into my Stamp collection! Such awesome pieces with a classic art style! Now to shop around for a decent frame for them all!

7 Likes

Gen 1? There are other gens?

3 Likes