Fossil 1st ed PSA 10 buyout?

The fossil set is seeing some extreme price increases, looks like someone is trying to buyout the PSA 10 1st ed holos?
Nearly a 100 PSA 10 1st ed fossil cards got sold within a week, where normally only a handfull get sold.

I had listed a 1st ed PSA 10 dragonite holo from the fossil set after one sold for around 850 dollar, my copy got pretty much insta-bought for 900 USD which is already a very large price increase and now another copy sold for 1200 dollar a few days later
Also an articuno sold for 1050 aswell as a Lapras for 1350, multiple gengars sold for around 900 dollar while it was only 350 a few months ago.

The same happend on a minor scale for a few of the gym cards, do you think this trend will continue in other sets?
Curious to see what you guys think about this occurence

1 Like

So it has begun.

Probably the Bieber.

11 Likes

Been saying it for years it’s definitely possible.

If we head into recession I hope the people buying out can afford to hold, or they are in for some trouble =p

2 Likes

4 Likes

Called it like two weeks ago.

1 Like

I think they are teasing! :blush:

Oh yeah I know they are haha

1 Like

With around 150 PSA 10’s and a price of $800+ you would need deep pockets for a buyout.
Not impossible of course.
Especially with the increase in booster box prices lately it makes sense to buy as many 10’s as possible now…
You can still find each card on eBay though.

Edit: Makes sense price double as booster boxes did almost the same, 9’s increased a lot the last months as well. Natural correction?

1 Like

Yeah I’ve noticed Jungle and Fossil 1st Ed PSA 9 holos don’t really end cheap on action anymore. I put together both my sets for an average of $31 per card. I don’t see many holos at that price anymore. The relative availability has also dropped significantly, likely partially due to box prices among other factors

2 Likes

Yup, same here…
Jungle psa 10s are still quite cheap in my opinion though. Flareon for around $300? Time for a buyout :smirk:?

err, theres pretty much no fossil PSA 10 cards on Ebay anymore, only 38 PSA 10st left (thats including non holos)

Wasn’t taling about the dragonite specifically either, just the set in general. A total buyout is never gonna happen, but there is not alot of supply on the market, even with the increased prices.

I think the fossil PSA 10 chase cards are legitimately rare also. I opened 4 1st ed fossil boxes within the last 2 years and pulled 3 lapras, 3 dragonite, along with some of the other high end holos and obviously they went straight into sleeves and into PSA. Literally only got about 4 10s out of 12 holos a box and only 1 dragonite PSA 10 and 0 Lapras psa 10 out of 3 each.

The fact is fossil in my opinion (im sure there are people on here with much larger sample size than I hade with 4 boxes lol) but they are hard to grade unlike the Jungle which may be a little easier to grade 10s. So I think the 9s are cheap because there are a lot of mint holos out there because the boxes were so cheap compared to any other WOTC 1st ed boxes and were being opened at will until the price spike but the 10s were and remain very scarce still.

Again just my opinion. Not a big player or anything by any means but giving my experience with it for what its worth…

4 Likes

I hope they can’t. More cards for the fiscally responsible :wink:

2 Likes

gottaketchumall made a great thread about “grading difficulty” set by set and it shows 1st Jungle is harder to grade as psa10 than 1st Fossil.
PSA 10 % Off 1st Jungle 16,1
PSA 10 % Off 1st Fossil 23,1
Also 1st Fossil is more submitted than 1st Jungle.
Edit + (% date is from 8/7/19)

1 Like

Yeah 1st Ed Jungle has 3/16 cards with over 100 pop at PSA 10, Fossil has 14/15

Maybe they aren’t…the beibster bought a psa 8 1st edition magneton from me a month ago.

Don’t invest in 9s they said. Well look who’s laughing now! PFM ahead of the curve again😉

2 Likes

I’ve long felt that the price of the Jungle/Fossil cards would eventually jump, because along with the Base Set they represent the sets that complete the original Gen 1 release.

The thing that kept the price of the individual Jungle/Fossil cards in check was the price of the booster boxes (obviously the price of individual cards will always be tied to the price of the booster boxes they can be found it, although occasionally the price of one can lag behind the price of the other which can create opportunities to exploit the market).

But now that you see Jungle/Fossil booster boxes selling for over $2500 routinely, it only makes sense that the prices of the individual cards would eventually go up.

I think with Jungle, in particular, it’s kind of surprising how low some of the PSA 10 1st editions have been priced, given that most of these cards have a pop under 100, with several of them at around 60.

So the recent trend of these individual cards increasing in value is something I have been expecting for a long time and I expect the trend will continue.

1 Like

Did you send one of your signature energy cards along with it? :heart_eyes:

1 Like