For all the Weiss Collectors in the chat: Weiss Schwarz thread!

Seems more people are getting into Weiss or have shown interest in it. So for those of you interested welcome to the Weiss Schwarz thread!

More of a place to post release schedules, Weiss news, where to buy, what you’re hunting, Weiss questions, and what you are adding to the collection. Please keep in mind community rules apply (cough cough bunko-esque cards).

5 Likes

Recently announced sets from the latest Bushiroad conference coming to Japan.

Azur Lane - 12/23/2022
Chainsaw Man - late 2023
Reincarnated as a Slime Vol 3 - 1/24/2023
Star Wars Vol 2 - 2/17/2023
Arifureta - 2/24/2023
Marvel Infinity Saga - 2/2023
Heaven Burns Red - Early 2023
D4DJ Groovy Mix - 2023 Trial deck is Feb, set is in April

Releases already announced for Japan ( from Sep 2022 onwards)

Sep 2022
-Star Wars (reprint- stamps, no signatures)
-Princess Connect Re Dive Season 2
-Love Live! School Fes Kanshasai 2022
-Pixar Cars Trial Decks ( stamps, no signatures)
-Quintessential Quintuplets

October 2022
-Pixar ( does not have signatures, just stamps)

Nov 2022
-Overlord Vol 2
-Sword Art Online 10th Anniversary (Anime)

December 2022
-Key All Stars

For the English side release schedule is as follows (Sep 2022 - early 2023):

Attack on Titan: Final Season - 9/16/22
*Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl - 10/14/22
*Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend - 10/28/22
**Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid - 11/18/22
The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of The Commandments - Dec 2022
Avatar: The Last Airbender -2023
*Kaguya-sama: Love Is War? - ?
Date A Live Vol.2 - ?
Chainsaw Man - 2023
*Holo Live Super Expo - soft release Aug 2022, regular release is 9/30/22

*no VA signed cards due to licensing; will be stamped and some serials
**no VA signatures but does have mangaka signature

Avatar the Last Air Bender is huge news because it will be exclusive to English

1 Like

Ohh! Avatar the last air bender release?! That’s sick! I hope they get the original VA’s for the signs and not people from the upcoming series’.

It’s hard to say. We should know by early 2023.

1 Like

Deck Reprints for early 2023 for English for Kaguya-Sama & Date a Live. TD SP will have silver stamps instead of Gold ( first print had gold) .

Awesome thread and very useful to keep track of upcoming sets for us newbies to Weiss. I have opened 1 Rent-a-Girlfriend box and no signatures rares so I will probably backstrack to previous sets and take a look at specific VA cards I want.

2 Likes

Another Key set? Hell yes!

2 Likes

Forgot to add my cards. Currently trying to grade most of the 2020 Key 20th Anniversary set but I got these back not too long ago from PSA.

2 Likes

Weiss really only came on my radar when they released their Mob Psycho and Adventure Time sets, but it didn’t result in me buying anything. This time I think I’ll actually buy some booster boxes for the Chainsaw Man set. I’ve been hoarding the Chainsaw Man promo Weiss cards because I’m a desperate Tatsuki Fujimoto fan. If they have a card with Fujimoto’s signature on it, I’ll be buying cases to get it lol. I realize they just do signatures of VA’s but I think they should make an exception for Tatsuki Fujimoto.

1 Like

I wish I was into it when Adventure Time released. I’m pretty new to Weiss myself. Chainsaw Man is probably one of the most anticipated weiss titles in 2023. We don’t know yet but never know it could get the Dragonmaid treatment where its mangaka stamped/signed only. Licensing especially for VA signatures is tricky business.

1 Like

Star Wars rereleased this month. This set is Japanese exclusive thanks to licensing and the big hitters are the Darth Vader cards:

1 Like

I’ve been getting into it recently basically going in blind. Any YouTube recommendations? I’m not into hype channels. I’m looking for channels like SMp when it comes to history and knowledge and twicebakedjake when it comes to recent releases and early impressions.

1 Like

I would recommend Big B for Weiss. His videos are geared towards collectors. He even has videos to help identify fakes now that it is an issue in Weiss.

1 Like

Pixar Cars theme deck released earlier this month. Pixar decks of Toy Story and Monsters Inc released earlier in the summer ahead of the set release next month. Link is below for the teaser cards for the main Pixar set. The big deck hits for Cars are Mater SP and Lightning McQueen SP:

Tomorrow there should be some news regarding English releases:

:alarm_clock: Oct. 11, 2022 8PM (PDT)/ 11PM (EDT)
:alarm_clock: Oct. 12, 2022 5AM (CEST)/11AM (SGT)/2PM (AET)

On their Twitter they are dropping hints and one of them is either fruits basket or fruit of girsaia. Tomorrow we will definitely know. Hoping they show some samples from the avatar the last Airbender set.

2 Likes

Some news from the Bushiroad conference. Some new sets announced, top up sets to make older decks playable, and first look at some avatar cards:

5 Likes

I don’t collect Weiss or know much about it, but I love the Avatar universe. Intellectual property partnering is such a brilliant CCG marketing tool.

2 Likes

When I saw this card I just had to buy it

2 Likes

Definitely one of the best promos!

2 Likes