First foray into newer JP trophy cards

Hey all, just wanted to share a little something i recently acquired.

I’ve been lurking these forums since i got back into the hobby in 2017 and its about time i posted something!

A little back story about me:
I came back to pokemon cards in 2017 following the pokemon go boom in 2016. I’ve only seriously collected pokemans and yugimans back in the the early 2000s. After that it was pretty much on and off, with the occasional booster box when I felt like it, but there was a larger focus on the yugimans. I primarily collect japanese pokemon cards. As most collectors eventually reach their collecting goals with set cards, it was the same for me and I finally decided to take a plunge into this side of the market.

Anyway, onto the card!

勝利の勲章 - Victory Decoration (Medal?)
This was one of the 3/4th place trophies that was awarded during the 2018-2019 Champions League Competition in Japan. This specific card was the one that was awarded during the last competition of the 2018-2019 season and was held in Kyoto Japan on 14th April 2019. I am unsure which division this card was awarded to as the seller was not able to provide me with said information. This specific card im holding only has an estimated 22 copies (specific to the year and the location of the competition printed onto the foiling of the text). Whereas there are an estimated 78 copies of this card with the same artwork (source) - if im wrong on any of this, please let me know.

Although this isn’t the most expensive card out there, i definitely feel its one of the more special ones, to me at least. Here’s a photo!

21 Likes

Beautiful card and nice shot! A very rare piece with only 6 of these with the Kyoto stamp but 78 overall with that same artwork.

These are considered the new era for numbered trainers like back in the day but instead, these are seperated into gold/silver/bronze and they are items instead of trainers.

Very nice, underrated piece as these new Trophy cards (1st, 2nd and 3rd) define the entire respective generation with the 1st place having the name legendaries, 2nd place having the generation’s starters and 3rd having the Pokémon mascot, Pikachu!

Congrats!

4 Likes

Congrats on the lovely addition!!
I’ve always really liked this card. I am hoping to add one to my trophy collection this year.

1 Like

Amazing card, trophies are the best to collect.

That frame is so awesome :grin: