Find out if japanese set has 1st edition + unlimited print?

Hi there @rustedharmony ,

Near the bottom of my 1st edition stamps variation article I have made an updated quote of which sets/decks aren’t printed in UED and which are. The original thread of that quote made by @funmonkey54 is here: www.elitefourum.com/t/1st-edition-timeline-lets-iron-it-out/16054/1

There are some sets with only a 1st edition print run; and some sets with only an unlimited edition print run. Most sets that do have both a 1st and UED print run in Japanese are usually easier to find in 1st edition. Most UED Japanese sets are pretty short-printed (World Champions Pack for example) or only distributed as promos (Base Expansion Pack (E1) for example).

Here an overview of the Eevees from Japanese sets:

• Jungle: Only UED (with rarity symbol)
  • Team Rocket: Only UED (with rarity symbol)
  • Gym Challenge: Only UED (with rarity symbol; it’s not part of one of the Gym decks, which are No Rarity)
  • Neo Discovery: Only UED (with rarity symbol), although a No Rarity version with different artwork has been released in the Neo Premium File 2 (which is only available as No Rarity))
  • The Town on No Map (Aquapolis): Both 1st and UED, but UED is rarer
  • Split Earth (Skyridge): Both 1st and UED, but UED is way rarer (I have the 1st and UED Pikachus of this set, but the UED is indeed hard to find)
  • Magma VS Aqua: Two Ambitions (EX Sandstorm): Both 1st and UED
  • Golden Sky, Silvery Ocean (EX Unseen Forces): Both 1st and UED (each with four distinct EX codes at the bottom left)
  • Holon Research Tower (EX Delta Species): Both 1st and UED
  • Holon Research Tower Fire Quarter Decks (EX Delta Species): Both 1st and UED
  • Holon Research Tower Water Quarter Decks (EX Delta Species): Both 1st and UED
  • Holon Research Tower Lightning Quarter Decks (EX Delta Species): Both 1st and UED
  • Dawn Dash (Majestic Dawn): Both 1st and UED
  • Shaymin LV.X Collection Pack (Majestic Dawn): Not sure, but I think both 1st and UED
  • Bonds to the End of Time (Rising Rivals): Both 1st and UED
  • Melee! Pokémon Scramble: Only UED (and very rare to find in general)
  • Reviving Legends (Undaunted): Both 1st and UED
  • Leafeon vs Metagross Expert Deck (Undaunted): Not sure, but I think both 1st and UED
  • Dark Rush (Dark Explorers): Both 1st and UED
  • Shiny Collection (Legendary Treasures): Only 1st ed. This wasn’t released in UED
  • Reshiram-EX Battle Strength Deck (Dark Explorers): Not sure, but I think both 1st and UED
  • Zekrom-EX Battle Strength Deck: Not sure, but I think both 1st and UED
  • Spiral Force (Plasma Freeze): Both 1st and UED
  • Thunder Knuckle (Plasma Freeze): Both 1st and UED
  • Furious Fists (Rising Fist): Both 1st and UED
  • Bandit Ring (Ancient Origins): Both 1st and UED
  • The Best of XY (Ancient Origins): Only UED
  • Collection Sun (Sun & Moon): Only UED (since the Sun & Moon era, no Japanese 1st edition print runs are being made anymore; everything is UED)
  • Collection Moon (Sun & Moon: Only UED (see above)
  • Strength Expansion Pack Sun & Moon: Only UED (see above)
  • Ultra Sun (Ultra Prism): Only UED (see above)
  • Ultra Moon (Ultra Prism): Only UED (see above)
  • Forbidden Light: Only UED (see above)
  • GX Battle Boost (Ultra Prism): Only UED (see above)

Hope this helps! :blush: Good luck with your collection goals.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes