FINALLY COMPLETED MY WOTC COLLECTION - HERE'S THE VIDEO :)

Very cool

1 Like

This is awesome! Completing sets is something that seems so rare these days, absolutely love the binder. Nice work!

1 Like

'Tis the finest of shiny cardboard, congrats my friend!

1 Like

Congrats on completing the collection! I’m currently working on mine as well.

Congrats man! Love those binder inserts before each set, great idea. Where did you get those?

congrats on finishing your set! Is this for sale? I saw a similar post on a facebook marketplace

1 Like

@thecardguyz, these are beautiful collections. I may have missed in the video, but what’s your favorite card(s) and/or set from the neo series?

Also, I don’t think I have the stamina to tackle the entire neo series; so, as a knowledgeable source, what are some smaller collecting goals you might suggest to someone interested in the neo series?

Again, great collection! That row of shining cards is soooooo cooooool. Also (last question!), what was you reasoning behing CGC over PSA or BGS?

Thanks

1 Like

Yes it is for sale :blush:

1. Favorite set from Neo: Neo Revelation. Favorite cards from Neo: Houndoom, Hooh, Shining Charizard, Shining Gyarados, Meganium.
  2. Smaller collection goals for Neo: japanese versions of the cards, lower condition, or find your favorite cards or pokemon that symbolize gen 2 and go after those.
  3. I went with CGC for cards that were for my collection. Resale value is with PSA/BGS right now but CGC isn’t much different for value and is faster turnaround, better customer support, more professionals handling grading, more accurate grading, better grading tools, and (in my opinion) better display cases - the clear really is gorgeous in a display case environment.
1 Like

Houndoom: yup! the neo revelation, aquapolis and skyrdige cards are all jaw-dropping
Meganium & Ho-Oh: Absolutely!

Yeah, I’m increasingly finding Japanese cards as compelling affordable alternatives if the artwork is my primary attraction to a card. I’m also thinking I could focus on one or two sets within the series. Honestly, Discovery seems like a bit of a wash. I think neo genesis and destiny are perhaps the most expensive of the four series (i.e. lugia and two typhlosion’s for genesis and all of the shinings from destiny) making revelation perhaps the most achievable series (it also happens to be the smallest of the 4 & and shining magikarp and gyarados are a great pair). Perhaps I’ll consider Japanese cards from genesis and discovery. Anyways, thanks!

Yeah, the CGC cases seem snug and crystal clear. There’s no excess real estate. Within due time it’ll be a competitive slab in terms of resale value, but like you said, it’s a great way to build up your personal collection. And serious collectors, can see the inherent value in a CGC grade.

1 Like

Not even close man… where is legendary, expedition, aqua, sky, black star promos, best of game, w promos, southern island

Did you listen to the vid as Alex did say he doesn’t like the e-Series cards. Plus all the promos to the best of my knowledge don’t contain 1st editions - his collection is 1st edition.

Kudos Alex, I’m building binder sets very similar to yourself so that serves as a great motivation. How long did it take to build? NM and better raw Neo Rev cards are like gold-dust.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing - this is an incredible collection

1 Like

Show me the 1st edition stamp on any of those :blush:

1 Like

Started in April with very large purchase of about 60-70% of the holos (no shinings). And had to build the rest from there all the way until December. Had to act quickly as the market surged.

1 Like