Favorite Pokemon Ever

I ranked every Pokemon once at the end of Gen IV and then again at the end of Gen V. Dewgong was #1 both times and that’s unlikely to change, ever. :wink:

1 Like

I’d have to put it as a top 5 in no order:
Lugia
Gyarados
Moltres
Rayquaza
Tyranitar

I hate to do exactly what you said not to but these were my favourites as a kid too and I gotta say my reasoning doesn’t really go very far past “it’s badass” haha.

1 Like

Why are we reviving a thread from 2011?

2 Likes

guess which is mine?

[br?

There is pokemon name rhyming thread that came out somewhere. The best one was “don’t fuckle with the shuckle.”

Charizard is the best.

/thread

Zombie Apocalypse?

Green flying snake all the way.

But cyndaquil comes in at a close second.

1 Like

Mew is my all time favorite…with the gorgeous Persian right behind it.

1 Like

mew beats mewtwo every time lol

Dragonite is my favourite, the adorable orange dragon!
I hope he gets a really cool mega!

1 Like

Of the 3 OGs, charmander is definitely my favorite. That episode from the anime TV series where his tail almost went out…I thought Pokemon was about to take it too far.

This I cannot fathom :]

Dang! So what makes Dewgong come out on top?

Because it’s awesome.
*puts on squirtle squad shades*

4 Likes

Umbreon of course…Raikou and Tyranitar are both seconds, though I like Raikou a bit better.

1 Like

Gyarados is my favourite all day long. The fact he evolves from such a useless little fish into some big raging water dragon that can wipe out towns is amazing!
Lugia is tied second with zapdos. They were both from my favourite list when I was a kid. Still remember my base zapdos card, that thing never left my sight haha

2 Likes

I noticed the date. Normally we would lock it up, but since this topic is timeless, such as a welcome thread, we will let it slide.

Is this based from your experience with Red & Blue? I literally had the same dilemma between Blastoise and Mewtwo as they would bail me out in pokemon Blue.

1 Like

ahhh… these threads are always too hard to answer…

I love Gengar = because I owned my whole school with him in year 6, even the kid with mew…
I love cats / dog pokemon like flareon, umbreon, espeon, houndoom etc… cause there cute…
I love tyranitar cause his so powerful…
I love hypno cause he has a big nose like me, and is the leader on my old pokemon red game atm… hypnosis, meditate, meditate, etc, metronome! with max calcium makes him pretty fast.

2 Likes

I was looking at pictures of umbreon and couldn’t handle this one.

I’m really partial to ghost Pokemon (esp Gengar and Haunter) too. Their artwork is always really cool. And the mix of malevolence with playfulness is so interesting!

3 Likes

Typhlosion for me, as Cyndaquil was my “first” Pokemon when I started playing the games.

1 Like

That is my exact experience! I remember Blastoise was the first to get to 100, and then Mewtwo. Blastoise would handle his own, but would sometimes faint on pokemon stadium, and mewtwo would always deal with whatever was left. I remember Mewtwo would sometimes beat all 3 pokemon, with that combination of Psychic, Recover, Tri attack/swift.

I always think about turning on my GB but always worry that the internal battery has stopped working at this point.

i’m gonna have to go with, in order, cotton candy, key chain, guy metapod 2, ugly magikarp, then pankcake fish. if i had to choose from first generation I would definitely choose the ghetto prostitute. Big Grabage and magnets are pretty cool though too.

1 Like