Favorite Pack Art

I always liked the contrast of the green jungle with Flareon’s flames. Really pops.

1 Like

Base Set 2 with Gyarados, and I also LOVE jungle packs, so nostalgic (not cos I had them but I played Pokemon Play it! on pc as a kid haha, I never opened a booster pack in my life)

2 Likes

Seconding @xzini on Japanese ex era, those are pretty much the best pack arts. Although don’t sleep on the ORAS sets!

3 Likes

6 Likes

My number 1 pack art… Truly gorgeous

6 Likes

Nothing will top OG Sugimori for me, especially his Blue artwork. Super simple and extremely cool shading. I really wish that he would have continued using that style. (This is also the only sealed pack that I own. Fun fact, it is literally impossible for me to own anything sealed without opening it immediately, and usually regretting it.)

2 Likes

Some super cool packs being posted, some I have forgotten about and some that are new to me.

My favorite pack is probably the English Red Logo Fossil pack with Aerodactyl. There’s just something about the red letters on the brown pack, and Aerodactyl is among my top 20 favorite Pokémon as well. It’s one of just two sealed booster packs I own (the other being EX Sandstorm with Seviper, my favorite Pokémon :blush: ).

Second favorite pack is Japanese Sky Legend. I own a sealed booster box, but the pack has the same artwork. (The pack is cropped though, so the booster box definitely looks even better.)

Third favorite I had to browse through all the English and Japanese booster packs for a moment. Especially the Japanese side has a lot of amazing artworks, but I’ll have to go with the Double Crisis one. Not only is it my favorite set, but I just realized that the booster pack contains a Seviper as well (thanks for letting me spend some money again lol):

And an honorable mention to the Japanese Sword pack artwork. It’s simple, but I like the pose and floor he’s standing on:

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

Saw the Lugia posted earlier, but…team Ho-Oh so here we go.

9 Likes

Japanese art just on a whole different level

5 Likes

I agree^

1 Like

In my mind there is an aquapolis with lugia jumping from the sea, thats the best art

also wailmer is there too (unreleased at the time but still chillin)

3 Likes

It isn’t only in your mind my friend, the Wind From The Sea (e3) pack I posted earlier is literally an Aquapolis pack with Lugia jumping out of the water.

2 Likes

Wanted to share some DP/Platinum/ and HGSS pack art too! These are some of my favorites.

Really like how the Pokemon are rendered on the Majestic Dawn packs:

Always been a big fan of the Supreme Victors art too:

HGSS Undaunted is also awesome! That Rayquaza!!!

1 Like

Not surprised to see Japanese E-series in multiple posts, they really went all out with those.

3 Likes

The early Japanese packs can’t be beat. I always liked these two later pack arts as well. Got them as gifts ten years ago and held onto them ever since.

5 Likes

I think a lot of Japanese pack arts are so much better than most of the English ones. I love Absol and Mew and they happen to appear together on pack arts of two different Japanese sets (Lost Link & Mirage Forest). There are also a few others that I love below.

7 Likes