What are your 3 favorite booster box artworks?

1. Base set

2. Legendary collection

3. Expedition base set

I really like the looks of all these boxes. When I look at WOTC sealed product, it lights a fire inside of me. I love the feeling and vibes it gives me. So much nostalgia. I always like to think of the boxes sitting out on the shelves displayed in shops back in the day. If we only knew then, what we know now.

7 Likes
  1. Base

2. Japanese 20th anniversary

3. Team Rocket

This was a tough one. In the end I went for nostalgia and a dash of new-product-with-a-huge-nostalgia-factor.

3 Likes

Base Unlimited

Japanese Team Rocket

Base Green Wing with Wizards Wrap.

1 Like
  1. Team Rocket Returns

2. Crystal Guardians

3. Jungle

1 Like
  1. Base (any variant is fine)
  2. HeartGold SoulSilver base
  3. EX FRLG
2 Likes

Is there a good repository that has all the box artwork at the ready for both English and Japanese releases?

Going off the top of my head:

1. Japanese Base (the one that started it all)

2. Japanese Jungle (aka how Ken Sugimori had already figured out Alolan Exeggutor in 1997)

3. Flight of Legends (the OG Legendary trio is just so vibrant here)

4 Likes
  1. Japanese base set

2. Japanese jungle

3. English ex fire red leaf green

3 Likes

Japanese adv/pcg era boxes are where its at for me in terms of good box arts

1. GSSO
  2. Mirage forest
  3. Holon research tower

Edit: Honourable mentions to undone seal, flight of legends, clash of the blue sky and Furthest ends!

4 Likes
  1. Base set
  2. Aquapolis
  3. Fire Red Leaf Green
2 Likes
  1. Base Set 2

2. Fossil

3.Neo Discovery

2 Likes
  1. Base Set First Ed
  2. DBZ Frieza Saga
  3. Jungle (Nostalgia from seeing frequently in stores as a kid)

Hard to get past these:
Japanese Base
Japanese Jungle
Japanese Fossil

2 Likes
  1. Expedition Base Set
  2. Legendary Collection
  3. Ex Dragon
1 Like
  1. Legendary Collection
  2. Skyridge
  3. Aquapolis

Those shiny e-series boxes get me every time. Expedition is an honorable mention #4 along with the iconic base set that only gets in on pure nostalgia. I never opened an entire base box back in the day but saw a couple at stores or through friends.

2 Likes

I can’t really give 3 off the top of my head but the Fossil box looks nice. I’m not even talking about the actual Pokémon, just the danger signs and whatnot make the box really unique thematically I think.

1 Like

There’s just too many options but I’ll try.

1. English Neo Genesis
    Favourite set for many reasons, I like the colours of this booster box and the selection of different Pokemons is really good ( especially Heracross, Pichu and Meganium on top ).
  2. Japanese Wind from the Sea
    Sadly I don’t have this specific booster box but it doesn’t mean I couldn’t like Lugia, Entei, underwater city etc. appearing on artwork.
  3. Japanese Clash of the Blue Sky
    Overall japanese gen 3 sealed items have some of the sickest artworks ever produced.
2 Likes
  1. Golden Sky Silvery Ocean (Japanese Ex Unseen Forces). Incredible art and I wish there were Ho-Oh and Lugia cards released with the artwork! It’s amazing

2. Mirage Forest (Japanese Ex Legend Maker)

3. Rulers of the Heavens (Japanese Ex Dragon)

4 Likes

Glad to see im not the only one who likes gen 3 with you and @nauticads also rating them!

3 Likes

I agree. Something about those shiny boxes get me. Love the look.

1.Holon Research Tower (EX Delta species)

No question, it has Rayquaza and Mewtwo front and center with that sharp black background. Colors are amazing, art is fantastic.

2.Flight of Legends (EX FRLG)

Art isn’t amazing or anything, I just like it.

1. Base set English

So iconic.

4 Likes