Every Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Ever Created, All in One Place

"To be exact, that’s 7,649 cards in total.

To promote the new Yu-Gi-Oh! animated movie Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions, here’s a full set of all the cards that have gone on sale since 1999. Incredible to see them all displayed like this in Tokyo’s Shinjuku Station."

kotaku.com/every-yu-gi-oh-card-ever-sold-all-in-one-place-1771543280

shinjukunews.com/201604/18-4

My face when:

:open_mouth: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :open_mouth: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :open_mouth: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

11 Likes

Always wished The Pokémon co. did this.

1 Like

That is incredible. WOW

This is too cool! I wish something like this for Pokemon could exist at some point :slightly_frowning_face: one can dream.

Awesome! I loved the original set. Played it on pc and loved it!

Please tell me I’m not the only one with the intense desire to get a cutting knife and… gently… cut out the ones I want…

(I am a bad Skins I know )

2 Likes

Apparently there’s at least two guards on 24 hour watch duty. Children’s trading cards are serious business. xD

3 Likes

How many cards would there be for English pokemon ? 7000 doesnt sound like it would cut it

More than likely cause I doubt I’m the only pure person who has such inpure desires >v>

There’s roughly 140 different English Pikachu cards if you’re talking actual variants. Using unique artwork prints from each set and promo would obviously be significantly less (more like 55). Pikachu happens to be one of the poster-children of Pokemon so it definitely has more prints than a lot of cards, but even if you imagine 10% of that as an average per Pokemon (14 variations, or 5.5 prints) and multiply that out by the number of Pokemon presently in the franchise (721) you’re looking at ~10k cards with variations or ~4k unique prints. The print number does not account for additional releases with slight variations, which is why there is about a 6k card difference between the two values.

I suppose a simpler way to look at it would be the fact that there are 8328 cards released in English by the sets themselves. There were some reprints, sure, but that’s still quite a bit. Not to mention (as above) it doesn’t account for variations such as RH or deck holo patterns or 1st/Unl etc.

Then again maybe I’m looking at this all wrong. Feel free to correct or refute this.

No thats what i was getting at, a rough number of total set cards if pokemon was to do the same

If we’re counting the promo cards, along with the sets, we’re probably looking at about 10,000 or so. It also calls to question if reverse holos would also be included in the set, and whether or not english/other language exclusive promos would be included also.

One of our spring interns is a huge Yu-Gi-Oh fan, and made a special stop on her way to work earlier this week just to see the display. She said it is beyond amazing. I’m going to check it out this weekend.

9 Likes

Please take some photos for us! :grin:

3 Likes

Not a big Yugioh fan but this is incredible! If Media Factory did this I would buy a ticket just to photograph everything.

1 Like

I missing some and some counts are not up to date but

Japanese
6112 set
1274 promo
2218 special

2 Likes

My initial gut feeling when I read the 7.6k number for Yugioh was that there must be more than that out there and that by extension Pokemon would have even more than that by a huge amount. It sounds crazy, but it almost seems very doable for one to collect the vast majority of the cards barring the ridiculously expensive top end ones if there’s actually only around 10,000 cards. Not that I would ever try… :rofl:

I’ve always wondered if there is someone out there close to getting every (official) Pokémon card ever made.

English, yes. Japanese or both, not yet :wink:

4 Likes

Haha how close is this person?