Electrode error, not like the others?

It’s either a real card with a fake 1st edition stamp, as mentioned by @djgigabyte . We’ve seen it a couple of times with Charizard. Considering we’re talking about an Electrode here however, I think @jkanly is most likely correct here in that the entire card is fake.

Is the 1st edition stamp thin btw? If you don’t know what I mean by thin, take a look at this article about 1st edition stamps and Thin vs Thick. But as a short TL;DR: the width of the “1” would be thinner, kinda like any other WotC set 1st edition symbol (Jungle, Fossil, Team Rocket, etc.), instead of Thick like most non-Holo 1st edition Base Set cards. Thin 1st edition Base Set non-Holos are almost non-existent btw.

I actually have a fake Pikachu like that myself (the one in the middle):

As you can see, it has shadows and the same layout as an unlimited edition Pikachu on the right (which is different than a Shadowless 1st edition card on the left), but has a Thin 1st edition stamp. Even though it looks pretty convincing (apart from the 1st edition stamp on a shadowed card of course), the entire card is fake. If I shine through the cards with a flashlight, the middle fake one lets through a lot more light than the other two real TCG cards.

Without seeing pictures I’m assuming it’s the same case with your Electrode. But pictures would help to give a more definitive answer.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like