ekdennisek's WotC collection thread

Hi everybody,

I’ve been collecting WotC cards for two years now - sometimes without any purchases for months, sometimes purchasing until I can’t afford anymore. Out of the ~1800 WotC cards, I currently have 700-800 unique ones, and a few hundred repeats. My goal is to own one of every card in decent condition (excellent or better), and then an additional two playsets of every card up until Team Rocket. Quite a feat, should I ever succeed.

Besides the WotC collection, I also collect sealed boosters from XY and onward, but that’s just a side collection that I add to once a new set has been released.

Anyways, I just bought a few sealed Base Set 2 boosters (two copies of every artwork), and since it’s my first WotC boosters, I thought I might as well start my collection thread!

Because I’m posting from my phone, I’ll simply link the images on Imgur for simplicity: imgur.com/gallery/IcokIzR

Some of the boosters look a little wonky, which I really hope is from being badly stored. The seller (whom I met with face to face) said that he pulled them himself from a booster box, and that they aren’t even weighed. I might open a single pack or so just to make sure they haven’t been tampered with in the future, but for now I’ll enjoy them in their current state.

5 Likes

It’s been a long time since my last update, but I haven’t had the time to either buy any cards or document the buys. It’ll soon get better, but for the meantime I’d like to show my only addition since my last post.
I managed to get my hands of a complete set of 1st ed uncommons from the Team Rocket expansion. Unfortunately, the Charmeleon was badly bent (hardly visible in the picture though) and the Persian and Wartortle had some slight albino borders. From what I can tell, this is due to sun exposure or simply from poor quality control.The rest of the cards are in mint condition though (any specks or whatever are from the sleeves).That’s it for now. See you when the next haul comes (probably in August)!

5 Likes

Woohoo go Team Rocket!

I can sell you rest of set in .1st ed in NM/M condition

If anyone else has something to sell, don’t hesitate to contact me. Unfortunately this trade didn’t go through because of the cost of shipping to Sweden, so I’m still looking for the rest of the Team Rocket 1st edition as well.

I’ve added a few cards to my collection since my last post, mostly some holos that I didn’t already own. That and these 1st ed Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge and Neo Destiny that I got in NM/M condition for a reasonable price.

1 Like

Team Rocket and Gym Challenge are two of my favorite sets. Great looking cards.

2 Likes

I could probably help you out, I have loads of doubles of 1st ed common/uncommon wotc cards in near mint condition also. If you made a list of what specific cards you need then write them here, or you could pm me if you’d like. I’m from London so postage shouldn’t be a problem.

I’ve bought some boosters recently. The Jungle boosters included 1st edition uncommons, and I did open one of them. Even managed to pull a holo Wigglytuff :grin: The Mysterious Treasures boosters are Polish ones that I just couldn’t avoid copping, even though I only collect English WotC.

1 Like

Even though I stopped playing/collecting as a child at the time of Team Rocket, that is easily my favorite set. The artwork is simply amazing.

Wonderful! I’ll send you a PM in a minute.

1 Like

Haven’t bought anything special lately, but I did manage to upgrade my Base Set Clefairy. Now all of my unlimited Base Set is at least EXC, although most cards are NM.

Also got some Expedition Base Set and Aquapolis for a decent price. Don’t really have much from that expansions yet, so they were a noticeable addition in my spreadsheet.

3 Likes

Long time no see… I gotta get better at updating this thread.

Anyways, here are some Neo Genesis 1st ed holos that I’ve bought since last post. Azumarill is NM+/M- but the other two are absolutely flawless. Still not gonna get them graded though, since I’d much rather keep them in my compact binder.

I’ve also found that Cardmarket is perfect for putting together NM sets of commons and uncommons, so I made sure to pick up every pre e-series common and uncommon that I lacked. I really have no idea whether I could’ve gotten a better deal elsewhere or not, but I paid 0.5€ on average for the last commons, and 1€ for the uncommons. Felt really nice to be able to cross those off of my list.

3 Likes

I’m trying to finish up my common and uncommon sets (roughly 50 cards remaining), and while organizing my Skyridge cards, I noticed how beautiful the artwork is on some cards. Just thought I’d drop in and share a few of my favorites.
Until next time!

3 Likes

There hasn’t been much going on with my WotC collection, as I’ve spent some money on my Zorua collection instead, as well as on my competitive cards. I did however manage to get my hands on this T-shirt, from 2001 East Coast Super Trainer Showdown! (Thanks to my middleman, you know who you are.) Not really sure where and how these were distributed, but I’m nevertheless happy to own this great piece of WotC Pokémon memorabilia.

Sorry for the blurry back picture, I didn’t realize how blurry it was when I took it.

1 Like

Nice!

Finally got my last missing card for Base Set 2 after nearly three weeks since payment, despite only being sent domestically. Apparently it was in worse condition than I thought, but at least I have it now.

Now I’m off to finish my Team Rocket set before trying to find some more Gym cards that I’m lacking! I’m just missing Dark Blastoise, Dark Charizard and Dark Raichu.

3 Likes

Congrats on the full set. What’s bad about the Blastoise though? Or is it damage on the back?

Congratulations on Base2! Was it creased or something?

Thanks! There is a small crease right next to the set logo, but I could barely capture it in a photograph even when I tried, so I guess I can’t really blaim the seller.

1 Like

Bah. I hate small things like that. They seem so insignificant, but on the front of the card can feel like the biggest nuisance in one’s collection. I can sympathize with that frustration. I’m sure another one will pop up.