Ebay Vault Withdraw uses PSA's address?

Today I received an eBay vault withdrawal from FedEX. It shipped from New Castle, DE according to the tracking provided. But when I checked the actual package, it stated PSA’s address (1600 E. St. Andrews Place, Santa Ana, CA) and came in eBay’s authenticity guarantee (PSA-provided) box/packaging.

According to the tracking, the card was not reauthenticated at PSA. It went from Delaware to me and stopped at only one city (Memphis) before arriving at my own.

So the question is: What was my card doing at PSA when it was supposed to be in my Delaware-based (eBay) vault? If it was authenticated again (which, I don’t think happened because it was less than two days from vault request to arrival), why wasn’t this made clear on the tracking or through direct communication?

Maybe eBay is providing PSA’s address as the return so that their vault location does not have to be disclosed? I don’t know. Thoughts?

6 Likes

Definitely interesting… What if there is no vault and it’s all stored at PSA? :flushed:

1 Like

Tin foil hat time

2 Likes

I knew that conspiracy would come out sooner or later :eyes:

2 Likes

Lol sounds like it was in ebay’s vault in Delaware as it should be and my guess is if the package gets returned for whatever reason it has to go through authentication again so they use psa as the return address?

2 Likes

Items I have sold from my ebay vault seem to have come from 2 places, DE and CA. Depends on how long since they’ve been vaulted.

When I send my cards to the ebay vault, I send to psa hq in CA for ebay authenticity, i get confirmation that its approved and then i can list it, but its technically still sitting in CA even though site says"transit to vault from authenticator".
SO, An item sold 5 days after that point and was shipped from psa in CA.
Also, An item sold 11 days after and it shipped from DE.

SO, I presume they ship from CA to DE in huge batches of “vault shipments” and thus it was sold before it was actually in the vault, and thus shipped from CA. At least thats my exp and interpretation.

3 Likes

FedEX picked the package up in Delaware (Zip Code: 19720) and it traveled through Memphis (Zip Code: 38118). The card was in my vault since August 1st.

So I’m guessing it’s what @pokecollectoramy stated.

You are probably right about them shipping in large batches. Perhaps they have created their own internal transportation service to reduce the risk of packages getting lost by mail services.

4 Likes