Ebay probstein

hi, i dont know if its the right place to ask
but any of you guys buy from the seller probstein123 ?
i want to buy slabs but i dont know how they combine shipping

i have 32 euro shipping cost to france for 1 psa card
do they undervalue for customs ?
thanks have a good day ;D

No reputable seller is going to undervalue a package internationally.

14 Likes

Personally had a horrible experience winning a auction that took 3 weeks to finally tell me the card sold. Then it magically reappeared at auction later that day after finally issuing a refund. Which was conveniently after I had eBay step in… I’ll never bid on their auctions again personally. I also heard a lot of shady business from them. Then again I’ve heard others say they have had good experiences. So take it for what it is but that’s my experience.

Long story short the person wasn’t happy with the winning bid which was right around recent sales so they relisted it and gave me the run around while holding my card or refund hostage

1 Like

I’ve bought from them quite a few times and have never had any issues. And at least within the U.S., they combine shipping.

1 Like

I’ve bought a $5000USD card shipped to the UK, was a good transaction, no problems.
Value of item will not be marked down for customs.

It’s impossible to combine shipping on GSP transactions if they use that, so keep that in mind. Seconding that any serious eBay seller is not going to mark down customs values.

9 Likes

Agreed with others. GSP transactions cannot be combined to lower shipping costs, and no reputable seller will risk fraud by undervaluing items for customs.

I’ve bought tons of slabs from Probstein. Never once had a negative experience. That said, they’re a massive business that does $500M+ in sales, so don’t expect great (or any) communication.

4 Likes

Not only is this illegal but what buyers dont realize is if sellers do that they can not insure the full value of the item. There is 0 benefit to sellers in doing this. It’s amazing how buyers expect this to be done and will ask to cancel the order if the seller does not agree.

5 Likes

I’ve also used probstein a couple times. No problems, though they can be a little difficult to contact, (They handle a lot of stuff.) If you asked them to mark-down, they might not even respond to that.
You really don’t want to deal with the potential hassle of de-valuing things for customs. Fines, delays, denying at port, rubbish bin… who knows.

2 Likes

ok thanks for the answers, i think i will ask to lower shipping cost cause im not GSP, but i have 20% tax in france so RIP :laughing:

Just to add regarding import fees, import fees are normally charged automatically at checkout. Then, the seller should include the IOSS number on the package, so customs don’t raise import fees again.

If shipping and import tax makes the card way too expensive, I could crack the card out of the slab and ship in an envelope

2 Likes

If customs are such a big issue, get a vault account. I wouldn’t expect any sellers to underdeclare an item via ebay. There is no upside, and the seller assumes all the risk.

5 Likes

thanks for the information about IOSS number i didnt know that
do you think probstein is putting the IOSS number on the package ?