Ebay/paypal rant

Am I the only one going insanely frustrated over the lack of customer support on both ebay and paypal?
I find it impossible to get in touch with anyone there except for their stupid automatic bot replies which helps absolutely nobody!
After clicking through 100 menues I finally find a ”send an email” link which ofcourse NEVER WORKS.

Is it too much to ask of a multi billion dollar platform to have a support center?!?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s real dumb. Haven’t had to call ebay in a while but it’s almost impossible to get a person

If you can make it through the trees and manage to scroll down enough on the magic page that has the contact button, you can have them call you and they almost always call within a minute or two. It’s exactly like a plinko board though, so choose wisely…

1 Like

Call and press 0 or say “agent”. 90% of the time it will put you through to a person.

Where do you even find a number to call? Maybe I am incompetent but I keep getting redirected to the same place whatever I do

I’ve been able to get somebody on the phone at eBay without too much trouble several times in the past year. Can’t speak for PayPal (shitty fucking company on almost every possible level), so they may very well be problematic. But I know you can talk to a real human at eBay, and I’ve historically—though certainly not always—found them relatively helpful. Sometimes, you have to lie about the reason you’re calling to get through the automated menu, or it’ll keep directing you back to canned answers; this is the case at many large corporations. But once you have a person on the line, they’re essentially obligated to help you even if you lied your way through the menu.

1 Like

It’s actually pretty easy, just confusing at first. Go to help and then select the option that best fits what you need. Then scroll down to the bottom and select “contact us.” Follow the options again and you’ll get to a screen that gives you the option to chat with an automated assistant. Type “call me” and the assistant will give you the option to have eBay call you. Every time I’ve done it they’ve contacted me within a minute.

Edit: this is only for EBay

Everytime I click the ”chat with us” it states 1 min waiting time and then turns into ”we are not available right now”

Everytime I try to send an email I recieve the error message: ”we are not able to process your message right now”

I can’t find a number to call and they won’t let me chat or send them a message either.

Does this have anything to do with me being a european user?
I’m trying their ”working” hours but always results in the same thing.

This wasn’t the case a few years back. I could easily contact both ebay and paypal but it has just gotten worse every year…

have to agree on paypal - their customer service is truly horrendous for the fees they charge.

can’t wait for them to get replaced by a startup

4 Likes

It probably has something to do with being in Europe. I just tried getting in contact with them to test it out and got a call almost immediately. It is rather annoying they don’t just have a support number available to call. Best of luck getting your issue fixed

I actually managed to find a number atlast and tried every option to get in touch with a real person but the robot voice just wanted to redirect me back to the help menu on the site.

Eventually I sent them a message on facebook and actually got a response. This time however they ”forwarded” it to their tech team which to this day (been 10 days) havn’t called back.

I’m starting to think theese support workers are mythical beings only seen by a lucky few…

It is a total crapshoot at times. Last time I used their automated chat help and typed in customer service. Was then able to have someone call me. Hope this helps!

If you are a business I’ve noticed they have now completely removed the call/phone number option no matter what you click. Instead they have a robot chat option only. If you open that and type agent or contact number etc it will say do you want a call back or do an online chat. Seems to be a recent update to my knowledge. I still cant find their number but yesterday morning the call back option was 1-2minutes and it was.

I’ll be happy to ‘trade’ the eBay phone number that gets to a real representative every time.

No menus
No bots

The number I found is:
1-866-961-9253
Appearantly it’s only for fraud cases so you need to lie yourself pass through the options (which i’ve yet managed to do), but if you do, please share!

1 Like

Amazon has been doing away with support lately as well. Sad times.

As mainly an international buyer, I’ve had pretty good luck with the eBay buyer protection program when I’ve used it. However, I did have an issue this year where I went just a few days past the 30 day protection window for a package that ended up lost in the mail and I had to go through a lot of hoops to get it resolved. The seller unfortunately was of not much help either and eBay really didn’t do a thing even though when I opened a case they said they would review it or ‘step in’ if necessary. No one helped.

When I contacted eBay, they basically just told me I had to have contacted them sooner to get help. I explained to them that the mail was delayed because of the global situation as well as increased mail flow and they said it’s not factored in ‘at this point in time’ which I thought was pretty ridiculous. The GSP (Global Shipping Program) is already extremely slow (I hate it), so I was being really patient thinking it would eventually show up at my door but it never did and never has.

Anyway, I went to PayPal… opened a case… and within a week I got a full refund. I was really happy, but at this point I’m now buying about 95% of my graded cards on PWCC Vault and I’m really picky about who I buy from on eBay now for any higher-end purchases. The reason I mention PWCC is because they use Fedex and it’s always to my door within a few days (as opposed to 20+ days) and I’m yet to have a single issue with them in comparison to the GSP. Whenever I’ve dealt with Fedex I’ve actually gotten a hold of someone on the phone as well.

@jabby, Posts in threads with a last post of over two months ago are against the rules.