eBay item never delivered

So long story short, I bought a PSA 9 Venusaur a couple weeks ago before the Logan Paul stonks. Tracking showed it was on it’s way here, then returned to sender for some reason. So once it was delivered back to them I sent them a quick message just to follow up and let them know it was returned and just making sure everything was good. The seller messages me back and tells me they’ll take a look at it.

That was on October 5th. Fast forward to today, the card is selling for a lot more than what I paid. Sent the seller another message on the 15th just checking in, no response. At this point I have a good feeling I’m never seeing the card. My question is how long would you give the seller to respond before escalating further? A week, two weeks? I wasn’t able to find it but I’m pretty sure there’s a thread floating around out there about what the proper steps are in my case to make sure I properly get refunded and the money isn’t somewhere floating around in Narnia.

Let me know what you think if you’ve experienced a similar situation and what you did.

The moment the deadline for the excepted delivery arrives, you should report it to Ebay. It’ll have the option asking if you still want the item or a refund.

1 Like

Contact Paypal as well ~

This. And if the seller declines sending you the card you rightfully bought, wait for your refund, then leave negative feedback.

Bad form on the part of the seller to get the card back and the then relist it to make more money (if you can confirm the PSA serial number is the same that is).

5 Likes

Heads up, when you contact paypal, there’s nothing ebay can do for you. Go through ebay, it should be smooth. If not, then paypal. If not, then your credit card company.

Oh come on, this is totally unreasonable. USPS has been atrocious recently.

You mail the shit 10 minutes after the buyer pays, USPS drags their feet, and it’s your fault?

I talked to my Post office guy and he says that if 1 single person test positive at the distribution facility they shut the entire thing down and sanitize everything

I sell a lot of Computer stuff on ebay, and USPS has been terrible. Fortunately, I don’t ever encounter anybody with your mindset, who is just sitting there mashing F5 at 11:59PM 3 days after they bought the item so they can open a claim. You are a rare breed.

Most people are totally willing to wait 4 days for stuff that is estimated to come in 3 days, why aren’t you?

This item has tracking which stated it is returning to sender, also ebay expected delivery has at least a week lead eta delivery. Obvious usps delayed delivery during these time is understandable.

Also when you submit a claim, Ebay gives the seller 14days to contact the buyer and work something out. Better he submit the claim timely then wait for something that may never come. Educate.

Yeah, the OP should deff open a dispute.

But please don’t tell people to open “requests” (dispute) the day after stuff is “estimated” to show up. It’s very frustrating as a seller because if I select priority shipping it will just blanket promise that the stuff will be there in 3 days, and this is not always true.

There’s no option for me to set the delivery date because If I could, I would just select 10 days so that people are super happy and excited when it shows up in 4 days. But instead, ebay promises 3, and people take it out on the seller.

I sold a central processing unit and it took 10 DAYS to update in the tracking, just stuck in transit, then all of a sudden it shows up on the buyer’s doorstep after 10 days of no tracking updates.

Also my initial response was rude, it had a rude tone and I want to apologize for that. I hope I didn’t make your day worse.

5 Likes

Wow. Lots of good responses, which is probably a bad thing that everyone get screwed over lmao. Funny enough, I just looked and the seller gave me feedback for being a great buyer, so I’m not sure if they just haven’t seen my message for almost a week or what.

Open a “request” on ebay, send a polite message (ebay rep may read them), and then escalate the claim as soon as you are able to.

Do NOT open credit card chargeback or paypal, that’s only if you lose the ebay dispute ( you wont lose the ebay dispute)

1 Like

I totally get it during these times, but like i mentioned earlier ebay gives a week lead time eta, not to mention an additional 2 week lead time when a claim is submitted. Plenty of time for package to arrive and the buyer close the claim with no negative outcomes to the seller. Been a buyer and seller for many years on both sides.

Well, bringing this back. I opened a claim on eBay, and this was their response:

"The seller provided tracking information that shows the shipping carrier tried to deliver the item to your address. You can pick it up from the shipping carrier.

After reviewing all the details of this case, we determined that you won’t receive a refund."

What is this even saying, that the post office has my item? The last update from the tracking number the seller provided is on October 5th stating “Delivered to original sender” because I’m pretty sure he messed up my address on the package. I have literally no idea what basis eBay is going off to determine that I shouldn’t get a refund. Tracking shows the item was delivered back to sender, I’ve contacted the seller multiple times with no response… What should my next course of action be?

Call eBay. However, their customer service is garbage so I’d call PayPal if that doesn’t work.