Ebay best offer option

I am using Best Offer mainly when I make sure my sales end late night LA time so the system handles it for me while I sleep. I auto decline any offer that is more then 25% below listing and auto accept all within offers within a few dollar range. Because I am not gonna let a sale pass if the bidder offers 70 when I got it listed for 75. Everything in between I review myself, and I am willing to accept lower offers especially if multiply items involves. But this is eBay only. The Dutch Marktplaats I am strict as hell. No budging there because 99% of the people there are brainless and have no clue what the word “auction” means.

1 Like

You know what’s just as annoying? I made an offer on an item… A few hours later I check the item and I’m almost a 100% sure the seller took out the best offer option and increased the price on the item. So upset :slightly_frowning_face: !

1 Like

Thats a dick move to make, I always hope they have to sale later for lower then what the first offer they declined at lol.

1 Like

I know man! I hope so too, especially with no counter offer or anything lol.

I started to call lowballers, “50-percenters”. My definition of it is just someone who offers 50% or less than your asking BUY-IT-NOW price haha

Naw, thats not lowballing unless its their ONLY offer. I generally offer 50-60 percent for the first one. You never know what someone is willing to accept, and thats how haggling works.

On topic, this has been possibly my biggest pet peeve since i started using ebay 6 or 7 years ago. I’ve had people who had the auto reject on for offers only 5 dollars lower than their buy it now price. It’s pointless, and generally just pisses me off to the point where i search for a different seller.

I said the same thing, but apparently some people here just block outright for it

The worst is the 50 percenters hitting you up through eBay messages with a 50% offer. If I wanted lowball offers to waste my time I’d have put the offer feature on the listing😡

3 Likes

I have absolutely nothing against auto decline, it saves me time. Clearly when someone is throwing a 50% offer at someone they just want to see what they will counter with to get a feeling of the wiggle room. if the 50% offer is auto declined it’s more expected than not.

To anyone saying “50-60% offer is haggling”. Lets be real here, its not. Most people understand the market value and base their price on the going rate. If I have a card that sells consistently for $200 and have it listed at $190, you really think an offer of $95 is fair? I don’t waste my time responding because I KNOW when I counter $175 you will counter $125 and I won’t see more than $140 out of you. Sorry, I try to make a real deal while you’re just trying to steal it. Literally the only time I could see offering 50% is on an item that is clearly way above market value (in which case they usually won’t move because they are convinced it is a holy grail) or an obscure, non-sought after card that has been sitting for months. “But what about the people just wanting to unload, you can get a deal?!” Yeah, it happens very rarely.

Besides myself, I know many sellers that will ban someone for multiple lowball offers. Just saying, stop wasting people’s time with ridiculous offers.

3 Likes

It all depends on the context.

If someone is selling a sun/moon booster box for $90 BIN OBO, that is clearly only because they can do slightly better on pricing if you buy multiples, but that price would likely be non negotiable for single purchases. In those cases an $85 auto decline would be completely reasonable, as though they save shipping multiple boxes, the total available savings to pass on would be $<5 for sure. I have some items in my store from time to time which I put in similar consideration. Often times I listed right in the description (that many don’t read) that best offer is ONLY for multiple item purchases, and some times I lay out the acceptable offers right in the listing by the quantity you are ordering.

To the other point, 50% offers can definitely be reasonable in some cases as well. Sometimes people have an obscure item that is the only one listed on eBay. I mean if someone has up the only PSA 10 1st edition charizard they may well put it at $50k and make offers. In that case to offer the going rate of $16-$20k wouldn’t be unreasonable at all. I again have some things in my store that are one off hard to find niche items that I gladly accept from time to time offers of 50% or maybe even slightly less, especially when somebody is scooping up multiple items of that nature.

4 Likes

Its not just obscure items. I forget what it was, but someone was selling some recent cards for $200 bin and in the same search I saw 3 different sellers for about $50 bin.

You mention your store. Does it go by the same name you use here? If like to look at some of the stuff you have!

The other day I actually got harassed over 25 cents xD. It was like going back and forth beating a dead bush on a card I listed at $1.75… The perks of business lol.

efour.proboards.com/user/1090

stores.ebay.com/Sieds-Steins?rmvSB=true

1 Like