E4's Favorite Lugia (Closed) - RESULTS

lesser of two evils, sure

1 Like

Pop 5 is probably the best in ex

4 Likes

Hissing Cat GIF - Hissing Cat Pet - Discover & Share GIFs

2 Likes

:handshake:

Lol editing my words there. Aquapolis is still probably better than that but for ex era pop 5 is simple but cool

1 Like

lol yeah i’m just messing around, but the PCG-P/POP 5 art is my favorite lugia.

I also love the Play! ex due to how stylized and unique it is

4 Likes

i was planning on doing dnite next, but i suppose i could do ho-oh. still need to go back and do espeon as well

2 Likes

That’s the way I like my cards, the beautiful original artwork with a nice holofoil. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”

1 Like

i definitely understand the novelty

It’s like we’re all pizza enthusiasts, and a large % think a pepperoni pizza is peak. Like, yeah it’s good. hard to go wrong with the classic, but there are just so many possibilities out there. So many more flavor combinations to experience with their own unique experiences. It’s crazy to think after all that is out there, People still default to regular ol’ pepperoni.

Definitely agreed! Rayquaza has history of being my favourite pokemon and even though the ex era regular arts are the bread and butter a lot of its modern ultra rares or full arts are very beautiful, the only modern ultra rares i voted here were the silver tempest regular V and alt art

1 Like

Rayquaza gets so much attention from the Pokemon company! I wish Kyogre and groudon got more tbh. No alt art Kyogre and only a half alt groudon (non textured)

3 Likes

now we just need kyogre’s time to shine

5 Likes

That one’s not textured though right? Sorta lame that they’d rather give gen 9 Pokemon alternate forms than a beast like that the proper full on chase card status it deserves

It is a perfect art though

1 Like

ah mb i missed the textured part.

The same goes for any other less popular non-mascot non-current gen Legendary in a current gen set. Hoenn had ex and XY BREAK eras to shine in, and Groudon is lucky enough to even get an Art Rare

Well Groudon and Kyogre were box mascots too. I get it Rayquaza is cooler but I always liked the trio together a lot. I mean it brought us weather! That’s like the best gameplay mechanic in competitive play imo.

I’ve been saying it forever but how hard would it be to just pick a habitat and then make a set based around that habitat? Works way better than the crap we get for set themes now. Imagine an ocean theme with lugia Kyogre wailord. Or aa desert with Groudon and Rayquaza in the sky. Tons of possibilities. They did a good job for new Pokemon snap, they have the ability

1 Like

Southern Islands 2.0 coming summer 2024. You heard it here first

2 Likes

Lugia is my favourite Pokemon but I’ll be the first person to say how it has so many rubbish arts, and so many CGI examples that I have to desire to collect.

All that matters for me is Neo Gen, GB, Pop 5, Legend, Crystal, and the Silver Tempest alt.

The Ancient Origins full art and Shining Legends shiny are pretty good too.

1 Like

Crystal Lugia supremacy

3 Likes

dang you don’t like the arita V?

3 Likes