E4's Favorite Gyarados (Poll Closed - Results!)

:handshake:

2 Likes

Shining Gyarados
Misty’s Gyarados
Base Gyarados

2 Likes

This was fun to notice, usually i’m biased towards the first sets but this time komiya postcard and shining gyarados were the first ones to get my vote and mid era got a lot more votes than original era. E-series naturally is golden and modern ultra rare era with very few top picks

2 Likes

This was tough, Gyarados has so many good cards!

9 Likes

Misty’s Gyarados is so fucking iconic

and then Sugimori heard the kids talking some shit about backgrounds and storytelling, so he had to remind them that you’re the guy in the boat

4 Likes

Base Gyarados because it was my first ever holo pull.
Lightining/Metal Holon Phantoms for artwork choice.

3 Likes

This poll is a lot harder than previous because the art doesn’t necessarily peter out to s*** as the generations go by. Even the “average” stuff from modern eras is decent compared to some 'mon that only have forgettable CG nonsense.

Shining Gyarados will undoubtedly win and deservedly so but I’m backing Misty’s Gyarados. I love the colours and how it’s too big for the art box. Plus I vividly remember pulling Giovanni’s Gyarados from Challenge and being annoyed that I actually pulled a Gary and got the rubbish one (I still like it but there’s little contest between the two…).

Honourable mentions for me personally are Base, Skyridge, the EX from FRLG, the Komiya Japanese Trainer promo thingie, and the Lance’s from VS.

4 Likes

base gyarados was my first experience buying from ebay with my dad. i remember him buying one for $15 for me

4 Likes

Over shining gyarados from Neo??? Not a chance!

1 Like

may not be the one that wins the poll, but it’s the one that has won my heart

1 Like

1st Ed/Shadowless Gyarados looks so good IMO, especially with difference in coloring over the unlimited print. The bright mountain dew yellow on it’s underside just really hits all the nostalgic vibes for me over any later arts.

3 Likes

Shining overrated, fight me

2 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve always thought the non-goldstar Holon Phantoms Gyarados was super sweet. Should hopefully break top 5!

3 Likes

BRUH

2 Likes

goodmorning e4. just wanted to bump this poll today. i’ll probably make another comment like this late tomorrow or early sunday as one last reminder to cast your votes if you haven’t already :relieved:

3 Likes

There fixed it for you!

5 Likes

real

Gold star is the ugliest Gyarados of all time

3 Likes

It truly is amazing, that despite having generally the same body shape as Rayquaza, Gyarados has just sooo many amazing cards! The general sentiment for the Ray poll was that there were only a handful of good one, but here there are just a ton.

2 Likes