Dutch BS promo #4 Pikachu without the tail symbol?

So this member of the Norwegian collector’s group for Pokémon cards on FB asked us why her Black star #4 Pikachu Dutch card does not have the tail symbol, thinking the Dutch version of this card was only printed for the World collection. Anyone know why this card does not have the Pikachu tail, though it is the Dutch card. I think the member got her information from Bulbapedia.

Not sure if you noticed this but the first attack is different!

1 Like

It is worded differently, but describe the same thing (look in your deck for a lightning energy card and attach it to Pikachu, then shuffle your deck). Interestingly, the flavour text at the bottom of the card is different as well.

2 Likes

Not sure why, but this Pikachu is released in Dutch without stamp as well. Both those Pikachus are actually the only Dutch promo cards made as far as I know. The one with stamp is from the 2000 Pikachu World Collection set, and the one without stamp I dunno how they were distributed. I know the WB promos that were given at cinemas were in English.

But regardless of how it was released, it’s not worth much more than the stamped one. Both are about 5-15 USD in NM condition. In that condition it’s about 5-50 cents.

Here some pictures of all six available Dutch Pikachus from my personal collection.

To add to the things stated above: for some reason the Weakness; Resistance; and Retreat costs are starting with a capital letter on the regular one, but not on the stamped one. :confused:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Interesting they somewhat changed the name of the first attack and the other differences you mentioned. It would be great to know how the card was released.