Does it make sense? lower-grade Pikachu card more expensive

This sale seemed suspicious to me too, but there’s already been so many crazy sales this year and I just rolled with it.

Tbh, a 2006 trophy pika selling for more than a TMB doesn’t seems all that crazy to me. But thankfully people pointed out other factors that prove these sales are BS.

Doubt a Worlds Pika will ever be worth more than any of the 1997-1999 Pikas, TMB, SSB

4 Likes

Well obviously not the original trophy pikas, and maybe SSB, but I can see it with TMB. It most likely won’t happen but I can see a big buyer valuing it more just because it’s pikachu and the TMB is exeggutor.

I am not making up the whole thing. That’s what I heard from a couple of guys there. The people in the club seem friendly and talkative. However, all of your input has made me raise doubts about the honesty of some club members. Four responses above this one, ditto mentioned scamming. It’s possible that some crooks are hiding there and targeting a specific type of people. Probably, the transaction I talked about was fake and was set up by the seller and the buyer. I should listen to Not Zelda Gilroy’s advice and get out of the club. Starting this week, I am not going there anymore.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, I had a lot of bad experiences buying Pokemon cards and suffered financial losses. I am not rich and have to work very hard for money. I don’t have much free time doing research on Pokemon cards because I have two jobs and need to look after my grandmother. Collecting Pokemon cards is a complicated hobby because there are so many things to consider which include rarity, condition, demand, and iconic status. I find it more enjoyable to collect other types of Pokemon memorabilia because there’s less to worry about. I wish I knew as much about Pokemon cards as all the forum members. That’s the reason why I joined in and want to get direct advice from all of you due to my shortage of free time. Unfortunately, every time I make a post, I am severely criticized for non-sense. I am not trying to stir up any trouble or trolling on these forums. I guess I am not welcomed or this is not the right place for me. I really appreciate all the advice and heads-up you guys gave me. To avoid losing money, I will quit collecting cards but I will continue collecting other types of Pokemon merchandise. This is my final post. Take care.

LOL

A bit over dramatic, no?

Definitely not over dramatic, a genuine person with a legitimate question wanted an answer after being misinformed, only to be told hes part of an “idiot” club. True or not.

This transaction may have happened, but it could have been that guy that pipes out fake illustrators selling, who knows. It could have also been some strange false rumor circulating in the club. Either way if you ever were to see these cards, or see the buyer. A picture of the actual card or the PSA cert # would clear the air very quickly.

@pikapipi Don’t feel intimidated to post. In general, it does sound like this group you mentioned is out of touch with the high end market. Ironically, some of the members here are as well; just not as dramatic as this group you referenced.

@everyone Calling people idiots when there is no malice from op is partly a reflection of yourselves. This guy is asking a question, however misinformed they may be, there is no reason to attack them.

5 Likes

imo it would greatly improve OP’s trustworthiness if he could give the name of this particular pokemon club, because this story is hard to believe. OP has to be either trolling or have the naivety of a child.

1 Like

I’m getting the feeling that the club members are definitely pulling your leg. Good idea on leaving it.

Don’t quit E4. Here you’ll get solid info on all things Pokemon. Plus you’ll make good honest connections. You can trust eBay also for your purchases. Just steer clear of the outlier sites that are infested with scammers and misleaders.

1 Like

I have seen a number of new users being scared off by experienced users here… I won’t name names but it’s pretty easy to see who does what. I get that it can be frustrating to deal with people who have next to no knowledge about something you know like the back of your hand. I completely understand that. This is not, however, any sort of place to ridicule users and their endeavors. If they are coming here they clearly want to get better information. If we are a beacon of light in a toxic and shady community, we need to be more accepting and nurturing of new users. Ease them into it. Understanding all of the nuances of how things sell is not really as intuitive as some might think it is after being used to it, ESPECIALLY for younger users or those without a good foundation in economics, etc. — a completely excusable thing, in my opinion, because there is NOTHING taught in school about this sort of thing… but that’s another topic.

Look, all I’m saying is that it would help to just give answers to new users. Even if it’s painfully easy for you to check eBay with the right filters, for example, don’t say it. This is a children’s card game, there’s no need to be hostile or passive-aggressive to new users.

Just something I noticed and wanted to speak my mind about… regardless of whether or not I lack the authority to say this.

5 Likes

@pikapipi If you enjoy learning and researching about the Pokemon hobby, E4 has a pretty neat section with articles and guides. I personally refer to this quite a bit to learn more about the hobby!

I would check it out! Here is the link:
efour.proboards.com/board/4/articles-guides-resources

Information presented in these guides are factual, and print numbers/ statistics tend to be pretty accurate!

3 Likes

Miraclegro@

Reread the original (and 2nd) OP post. You gotta admit, that was not you’re average newbie inquiry lol.
I think my reply was appropriate. I said someone may be pulling his leg and I wouldn’t pay 5000 for one. Even that offended him even though it was info given very gently.

I’m not saying that this specific thread has poor behavior, it just felt like an appropriate place to say what I had been thinking about for a little bit.

2 Likes