Do you think CGC will lower their prices?

Do you guys think CGC will lower their prices, following all of the PSA deals? CGC used to be much cheaper than PSA for bulk but with PSA’s $15 bulk it’s the same price as CGC. I’d love to submit a bunch of cards but at $30 bulk w/ subgrades I’d rather wait for the price to drop.

2 Likes

Hold your ground. This is definitely coming. PSA isn’t as quick yet but it’s getting there so they will be implementing that soonish.

1 Like

I find it wild that CGC hasant dropped their prices at all to compete with PSA/BGS. PSA beats CGC on bulk order minimum (10 vs 25) . The BGS deal beats them if you want subs. Its $18.75/card right now with subs (25% off economy).

Maybe they are waiting for PSA to get back to $10.

2 Likes

I hope so!

I like using their service, but I am getting tempted to submit more to PSA when you compare prices.

My whole collection is just one big mix of different grading companies at this point, so I’ve given up cross grading all to one company. Except my worlds promos. Those stay psa.

Sorry for the tangent. Yes I think they will lower.

2 Likes

It certainly will – all the big grading companies will blow through the massive backlog of Covid+current submissions, and will struggle to maintain their whatever their throughput targets are at current price levels.

idk how they have not yet. what purpose do they serve over psa at this point?

3 Likes

I guess faster turn around time at the same price

1 Like

CGC has the employees and capacity to go back to $8 if they want to. Let’s see if they feel they need to in the near future or if the economics are fine for them at $15

2 Likes

For flipping? None. But the same could also be said of BGS compared to PSA. BGS/CGC are basically only worth submitting to for PC reasons rn.

Most people I know who use BGS have slowed down unless for PC reasons including myself. People seem to gloss over CGC being brand new when comparing to PSA. I dont really have any confidence in any grading company’s ability to actually grade a card accurately all the time. I just dont know if I believe all of the CGC i still see pouring out over IG and ebay are from PC collections and not flips (attempted flips). Maybe graders like this started after CGC started so they think they have been here forever

Yeah other than some people preferring the CGC case over PSA (which I actually don’t, but hey; to each their own), this is literally the only benefit of using CGC, and the only reason why their turnaround time is so much better is because hardly anyone is sending anything in to CGC at this point lol. Relatively speaking, anyway.

CGC still has tons of hardcore fans who send hoards to them all the time. BGS never has people sending large qty orders because most people who use them just do it for PC reasons. I dont really mind either way I just feel like I have to be missing something in their reasoning

That’s why I said relatively speaking. Compared to PSA, the difference is staggering.

but people will still send 50+ card subs to cgc, I dont know if I have ever seen that for BGS or any other company besides psa

How many years or millions of cards graded does it take for people to no longer consider CGC new? Just asking in general, I have one CGC card right now, and it was free from the $100 PWCC thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Millions of noob cards submitted in a dry market with no options does not make it an established company. Also the fact that in 2 years they have already dramatically changed standards does not give me confidence. Experience is measured in time though, not cards graded

1 Like

I’m not talking about BGS. I’m talking about PSA, which has been getting subs in the multiple hundreds since opening up their specials. CGC has definitely gained ground, but compared to PSA, they are still a small fry.

I know, but I am just saying CGC still gets that too from what I have seen. Probably in a similar amount, though not the same types of cards it seems

I just dont know if I believe all of the CGC i still see pouring out over IG and ebay are from PC collections

Well, yeah, of course the CGC stuff listed on eBay isn’t PC stuff lol. Doesn’t mean that people don’t grade with CGC for PC purposes – I certainly am. I’ll sometimes add in “flip” cards to meet the bulk minimum, but if I wanted to flip obviously PSA is a superior option.

Experience is measured in time though, not cards graded

According to whom? I’d say the exact opposite.

1 Like

Maybe if they were all graded to the same standard the qty would be a fine metric, but if they just change to make a pop report look good idk if I would call that objective quality control

1 Like