Do Unlimitied JP HG/SS Era cards exist?

Only heard/read hearsay about their existance. Do they exist, and if so are they just insanely rare?

The Legend era? With the primes/greats and the double legend cards?

Yes.

Sure, they exist. I have boxes of L1 HG, L1 SS, L2 and L3.

1 Like

I just realised the crucial mistake I have made, edit incoming.

The title was supposed to say Unlimitied.

The Japanese version of the HG/SS set is the first in the legend series, it’s suffix is L1.

Edit: posted this then my internet died and it posted it when I reconnected, not sure on unlimited print run for this set.

Ahh, I thought it was an odd question coming from you. I’ve not seen any, all the stuff I have is 1ED. I opened some of the blister packs, they might be more likely to have UED, I’ll have a look.

I think they exist - but perhaps not for all L1, L2, and L3.

Here’s a listing of L2 LEGENDs that do not appear to bear the 1ED mark.

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-6-Cards-Japanese-L2-Legend-Suicune-Entei-Raikou-Nm-Mint-/322004388200?hash=item4af8f50968%3Ag%3ASwEAAOSwzgRWuyUU&nma=true&si=2G31UTkR1k5kKb2s%252Fu%252B51Y%252FCHus%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It should be immediately adjacent to the copyright information on the bottom.

EDIT: And I forgot to add I am positive that I have seen Unlimited “Great” cards.

2 Likes

I have non holo versions of Voltorb, Electrode and Electrode Prime in unlimited, but I’ve had no luck finding the RH’s for sale, although I have seen them in the past. I’m constantly searching for them.

Perhaps a Japanese distributor could be contacted to see if they have any more boxes? Or maybe it would be best to search local stores in Japan, but I wouldn’t know.

The packs from the blisters were 1ED.

off topic because I can not find the other unlimited thread

Unlimited XY7 Bandit Ring is available

1 Like

Everyone I have a theory!!! Unlimited cards do exist boxes do not. They may have only been in blisters of three with unlimited packs and were hardly printed which would explain why they are hard to find but I see unlimited legend prices all the time now. It’s just sealed or etc is difficult to come by. Is this why?

The ones I see on eBay are all bad Condition so that Theory could be right about coming from Packs only not Booster Boxes

Has anyone checked if the Random Basic Packs for L1/L2 come in unlimited. All the videos i’ve seen are 1st ed? I’ve been seeing a lot of stock photos of L1 and L2, with the Random Basic Pack as well. I’ve yet to see a confirmation (real life picture) of the 7/11 Original Calendar and the Legends Perfect Set (items which I am on the hunt for sealed! :grin:). Seems like everytime someone is selling an L1 or L2 product its an unlimited stock photo, but in reality its the 1st edition version. The hunt continues!

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Random_Basic_Pack_(TCG)
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/LEGEND_TCG_Era_merchandise

EDIT: (Can’t seem to make out if they are 1st ed or not.) :blush:

pkmnsz.blog59.fc2.com/blog-entry-728.html?sp

Those packs don’t look 1st edition to me.