Declaring PSA value

I know this from personal conversations I had with a PSA representative from years ago. The higher teir cards don’t reach the same group of graders as the lower tier of cards.

1 Like

Well they won’t have a 1st day rookie grading a T206 Honus Wagner right :wink:

using that logic they will have the more talented or veteran graders working on the higher priced cards

1 Like

By that logic, we should all undervalue cards in the hopes that a rookie grader(s) will mistakenly give them undeserved 10’s :stuck_out_tongue:

There isn’t a quantifiable difference that I can tell. I’ve sent under both and have always got the grades I had expected. If anything the lower teirs can be a bit more strict in some instances, particularly now that half-point grades are becoming more common (7.5, 8.5) than they were previously.

1 Like

PSA says Pikachu trophy cards are valued at $15k each and therefore need to be submitted at the corresponding service.
Not sure where they got the valuation from… rather seems like they are trying to get more money from us collectors.

1 Like

From confirmed private sales of graded cards. Every sale mentioned in the SMR is a confirmed sale.

1 Like

So in a submission, say I value one card at $3,000 and the rest at $99… what shipping service would one even select, or would it make more sense to have these in separate batches?

You’d have to do two different orders, which you can send in the same box. Unfortunately you’ll have to pay return shipping separately for both orders.

Sheesh! At this rate I may keep my cards ungraded (blasphemy I know) if I don’t plan to sell them anytime soon, cause looking at PSA it could easily be $500+ if I do declare accurate values