Crystal Lugia PSA10 Value

What are your thoughs on Crystal Lugia PSA10 (Aquapolis). The card sold for U$S1475 plus shipping yesterday, wich is almost U$S500 over last couple sales registered.

I bought mine for U$S700 in september, did it really double in a matter of 5 months? Seems crazy!.

It’s entirely possible. The veteran perspective is that it’s a high price for that specific card.
However, it appears that the card is fairly available atm… for even higher bin prices. It remains to be seen if the market will absorb them or hold out for lower prices.

2 Likes

Such a great answer; thanks for chiming in!

Easier to grade card, reasonable population, lowering availability. I’ve always been bullish on the card. It seemed to price well below comparables, but that’s the market for you. The price movements make sense although the card has historically been much more available.

A market supply increase of 5+ would drive the price back to previous levels. Decreasing supply will continue to have similar effects to other cards in the market: steadily rising prices with occasional spikes.

4 Likes

Tbh if the price hits around $2k, expect it to go back down again

At around $2k, you’re looking at the price of quite a few base set 1st edition gem mint 10 holos, and I’d fully expect a lot of sellers to start listing them if it starts to trend that far up which would drive the price back down because this whole idea that they aren’t extremely readily available would vanish in an instant

$700 is also a great price for September so I don’t think it’s fully doubled. Compared to the price of Aquapolis boosters and that it’s an extremely popular legendary I’d like to have more myself, only have two. The price definitely fluctuates though as I paid $1k and $1.3k for mine over the past few years lol.

2 Likes

I agree, im already considering selling it at this market value to aqquire another card.

Yup, it’s an amazing card with my favorite lugia artwork, but the problem with set cards like this is that there are much more iconic set cards that are also around that price point.

Now if base set 1st edition PSA 10s (the lower end ones) and high tier 1st edition fossil/jungle 10s start to go up… then I could see this thing consistently holding at $2k

Btw $700 is an absolutely amazing price for the card though. Good stuff lol

This card will be $2-3k in a few years imo.

2 Likes

There’s only one left listed on eBay now at 2.5k? Correct me if I’m wrong? Another one was bought straight after that pwcc auction at 1.6k. Pop is only like 100. Went up only 10 last year. Pop increase for these old cards will slow down a lot and are starting to.

I think the price is where it should be, used to be $1300-$1400 in 2017, I bought one for $785 when they went down in 2018 pop was at 68. I definitely feel this card in a 10 is worth $1600 plus. It’s the best card in the set and we all know how nice/rare the Aquapolis set is not to mention the cost of the packs and booster boxes

2 Likes

if we are speaking about psa 10, an iconic pokemon, and being a crystal card, i think i’d be bullish on the price also. the prices did correct in a major way after early 2018. but many old wotc cards have trended back to the old 2017/18 levels, and many have also surpassed that. the market has been ticking upwards in the last 6 months.

1 Like

Probably better to do some explaining before someone thinks this listing actually sold for 2000 GBP.
www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Pokemon-lugia-Holo-AQUAPOLIS-PSA-10/254532174359?hash=item3b434cc217:g:CIMAAOSw~qVeYTzx
I contacted the seller on Friday morning and asked would he accept 1100 GBP + shipping for it, after exchanging couple messages he sent me directly 1200 GBP + shipping offer. I accepted & paid it, seller shipped the card on same day and it arrived here this morning.
Total price was little bit more what I wanted to spend privately but I’m still happy with the purchase, another big want obtained from the want list. :blush:

2 Likes