CoolTrainerTony's Collection

Wow!!

2 Likes

Sick updates keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks @mcorey777, hopefully ill be able to show some additions soon

1 Like

Very happy to add this to my collection! I could have bought this card a year ago for 200 dollars, but i didn’t. I paid just over 1000 after taxes and shipping. The last one sold for 800 a month ago, and I still think I got a deal on it because there are only 36 as of this moment in PSA 10. Let me know what you all think! :blush:

14 Likes

@rybatony, what an impressive collection there! Didnt see all of this until now (been too much on discord, forgive me) but very beautiful to see! and congrats on the new found pick up! I have one in a 9 myself and its probably my most favored Kabutops. :blush:

2 Likes

also, great avatar. Cyndaquil/Typhlosion are my favorite :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you! I was debating on getting the 9 but ultimately decided on taking the jump to the 10. I think it is my favorite kabutops card as well! The artwork is sick.

Also thanks for the compliment on my avatar! I love the gen 2 starters, and thought it looked cool

2 Likes

I wish pokemon would make more sets like this that looked more… adult.

3 Likes

Yeah I think the artwork is menacing. rarely you will see that, but I can agree that I haven’t seen anything like this recently.

1 Like

@rybatony
What a great addition to collection, my favourite Kabutops artworks in tcg as well!
Good thing you mentioned the pop number, haven’t taken a look at Neo Discovery reports in many months.

2 Likes

Love me a Binder collection nice cards

1 Like

Yeah i wish i paid more attention to the pop when i got interested in the card a year ago!

2 Likes

Thank you! I wish the pics came out better

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance, what are those Winner Hitmonchan cards from?

1 Like

No idea, i got them with the cards from my cousin

1 Like

They are from the Best of Game promo set. Happens to be the set I am trying to complete a sealed collection of as I re-enter the hobby. I’d never seen them before either until recently! There are WINNER stamped ones and non stamped ones as well(a few exceptions). The Electabuzz next to it is also from the same promo set.

2 Likes

Do you mind sharing when and how much you got the Time Space Distortion? I’ve been hunting it since forever.

2 Likes

Sure! got it in an auction on march 18 for 20.56 after taxes from cardrushinc on ebay. I believe this guy was fire selling a couple a week, which kept the price down pretty low.

Good luck in your hunt! Its a great card

2 Likes

Kabutops used to be one of my top favorites back when it was all about the 151. Stunning Binder collection as well. What do you have your goals set on currently?

2 Likes

Im working mostly on my binder collection at the moment. Just finished my legends and have 1 more lv.x until that is finished.

After that I want to tackle a complete wotc unlimited holo collection from base-neo destiny

I also want to complete my psa 10 mcdonalds promo set at some point

2 Likes