Chumlee calls out Scott Pratte?

I wonder who is behind this?
@smpratte

26 Likes

The debate is over. Time to go home everyone. I’ll be on the discord.

@smpratte @pokemonsyndicate

@funmonkey54

6 Likes

The true expert has spoken.

Drops mic

2 Likes

Oh man. Definitely tag me when Chumlee hops on the discord chat @masonkampe

2 Likes

Yes sir.

1 Like

Spicy

2 Likes

That was fantastic! lol

2 Likes

If he hadn’t said “no rarity” I would have guessed that @pokemonsyndicate must be tight with Chumlee to get him to call out @smpratte and declare “no raritanz” the true first edition on camera. Wonder who it was.

3 Likes

If Chumlee said it so it must be true.

4 Likes

Hard to argue with that

3 Likes

Welp, looks like I need to book a trip to Pawn Stars.

16 Likes

THEY WILL ALWAYS BE THE TRUE 1ST EDITION BASE SET!

And if anyone thinks noone collects them. I saw some listed other night uncommons and commons. SOld in minutes for hundred plus USD each. PSA 10 farfetched is 100++ USD.

This is 2018. Imagine in 10 years what these cards are going to be worth.

WHen the dust settles they will also be the rarest. ANd every single Trophy collector will want them, dont let anyone tell you otherwise because if they do they are in complete denial (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ @smpratte . Most who have gone after them are serious collectors. Any Serious Rare item is going to be for a select audience. To undermine that audience will be a huge mistake.

Meanwhile the 1st ed base set grows pops day by day in mint 9,8 and 10. There is what seems to be endless compared to no rarity. Yes 1st edition is still the EPICness and will still be rare one day, but nowhere near as rare as no rarities.

NO RARITY IS THE KING!!!

#1steditionisactuallythe5thedition

#Shadowlessisbetterthen1steditionbutstillnotasgoodasnorarity

#watchmesellasinglenoraritydeckfor50,000USDonedayonebay

OHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO WHAT IF IT WAS GARINSON WHO MADE HIM DO IT… AND NOW I UNDERMINE ALL HIS 1ST ED :nerd_face:

11 Likes

Who is his expert going to be when he calls them? @garyis2000 ?

4 Likes

THANK YOU

:wink:

2 Likes

lol this is great

2 Likes

THE TIME TO BUY IS NOW.

Chumleee out here creating a bubble that’ll be bigger than Pokemon GO.

Y’all better invest now before everyone sees that video :wink:

4 Likes

Not so much a call out. He’s just stating the truth. All the evidence is there whether people choose to accept it as fact or not. Between @pokemonsyndicate, myself and others we have a large compendium of proof.

I’m about to go take my first final of the term. If I don’t know the answer I’ll just make up some BS and then write “that’s YoungBambino and the that’s the truth”. That’ll work for sureeee

1 Like

Do I need to grab my salty rifle out and shoot yo ass? You gymfreak are a prime salt example of one of those rare Japanese collectors who will not admit what he feels down in the deepest depth of his/her Pokemon heart. You can’t fool me buddy :joy:

The “bubbles” were years ago now and the prices sold have toppled the prices at the height of those bubbles.

As time goes on. The longer you can keep. The more money your gonna make. That’s if you want to sell them though. If you don’t then you have the best and rarest base set and true 1st edition in existance.

:smirk::smirk::smirk:

1 Like

I don’t think there is a huge lack of consensus that it’s the actual 1st edition of pokemon when looking at the TCG chronologically. Objectively, the NRs came first, ergo they are the true 1st editions.

Anyone who disagrees with that conclusion is likely disputing their place as the true 1st edition on grounds that the NRs are not an official print run, but rather seemingly an aesthetic tweak early on in production

However, the fact that PSA recognizes them certainly establishes their legitimacy.

I think if there is any disagreement on the subject, or the main reason @smpratte and others don’t openly suggest investing in them is based on data. The historical and quantifiable data says that 1st edition base is a better investment than NR long term. It is very possible that NRs could shoot up in price. As an investment though, if you’re spending $1000, should you buy NRs or 1st edition base? Data says 1st ed base.

2 Likes