Chopkins1994 collection

I figured it was about time to start my own collection thread for my personal reflection and to show off any really cool or rare things that are added. My goal with this collection is based solely on nostalgia. It’s all about the childhood memories! My goals are:

1. To collect any and all things Team Rocket.
    They were always my favorite in the anime and that was my favorite WOTC set when I was a kid. This will include the 20th anniversary case, the 1997 Japanese Team Rocket (Rocket Gang) gift pack (one sealed and one opened), 1st ed booster box and Blister packs of all art works. From what I can tell they only did the blister packs in italian and they are really hard to find. Should make for a fun and rewarding hunt!

2. To collect the entire Southern islands set in japanese and english, psa 9 and have a binder for each set raw as well. This was definitely one of my favorites sets growing up and was my introduction to my favorite region and generation, Johto!

3. To collect any and all bizarre and rare things regardless of value and old school japanese artwork!

4 Likes

First thing I’d like to share are these boxes that came in the mail today! Unfortunately the cards were not included. Looks like the seller bought these new and cracked them open for the cards at some point but I picked up both for $30 fresh shipping and considering the quick starter box is $800 sealed I feel that was a good deal! Definitely worth it to me to get some of my favorite artwork for display and check out some old school japanese quality products. The playmats are cloth and feel nice, not just paper garbage. The boxes themselves feel very sturdy and the artwork on the quick starter box and in the book just make my heart happy. Hopefully I’ll be able to afford the cards sometime in the future so I can make a complete set or just buy a sealed one!

12 Likes

3 Likes

Ahahahahaha!!!

Look forward to seeing your collection thread grow. Those boxes very nice additions .

1 Like

Check out what I just found while sorting through a recent collection buy. A NM evolution box error wartortle! The squirtle evolution line has always been my favorite 3 pokemon ever since I was 5 so this was really exciting to stumble on. Hopefully will grade a 9 but I think she is at least 8 worthy.

5 Likes

Figured I would do a small update with my newest additions and my first PSA submission.

I’ve been watching for a couple of months for a 9 Southern islands Mew to go up for auction and I finally snagged this one for $45. Might not be much but this was a big step for me because I’m trying to complete the entire set and this is the most expensive so it’s nice to get it out of the way!

Also picked up this beautiful Mewtwo EX. When I was growing up I transitioned from pokemon to yugioh right around the time nintendo took over. So, I was never introduced to the early nintendo era stuff until the previous 2 years when i began collecting again. However, they are quickly becoming some of my favorite cards. I see a lot of untapped potential in these cards for investing purposes and I just love the style in general. Especially when I get it for $25!

Lastly, my first ever PSA submission went out a couple of weeks ago. Nothing too crazy but A LOT of potential depending on the grades. I sent out 2 evolution box error English wartortles, a 1st ed bass Lass, 1st ed fossil dragonite and kabutops and a japanese Misty’s tears. I’m expecting 9+ on everything except one of the wartortles may get a 7-8. Hopefully the Lass will pull the gem so I can sell her and send in a much larger submission next time!

8 Likes

So surprisingly I received an email from PSA today that my grades were ready after only 12 business days. I couldn’t help but look and boy am I ecstatic!

1st ed base Lass MINT 9
1st ed fossil Dragonite holo MINT 9
1st ed fossil Kabutops holo MINT 9
Japanese Misty’s Tears GEM MINT 10
Wartortle evolution box error. MINT 9
Wartortle evolution box error GEM MINT 10

I was expecting the lass to get a 10 but absolutely was not expecting a gem on one of the Wartortles. With mine coming from PSA that brings the pop to 9 total! I’m super excited to sell that card and use that money to send in my next submission! The 9s are all going into my personal collection!

3 Likes

Got my mint 9 Marill in the mail today. Completing the set $20-30 at a time lol but officially halfway there! I think I’ll be sending my binder set off to PSA since they’re all NM/M. Keep the 9’s, sell any 10’s and buy another set that’s LP to keep in the binder pages. I’ll have an update tomorrow regarding my PSA return and a possible first video for my youtube channel.

4 Likes