Charetard's (kinggr's) Collection Thread

Hello and thank you for showing interest in my collection. My name is George and I’ve been on E4 for about 7 months now, though I’ve spent years honing my collection to showcase what you see right here.

Some background information is that I first grew up with Gen I & Gen II on TV. Gen III came out very soon after I got into Pokémon. I collected cards from the WOTC era as a kid and stopped collecting around the time e-Series cards were released.

I am grateful to have such a collection in my possession, owning many cards I never could as a kid.

I showcase my collection to share well illustrated artwork, hard to obtain pieces, and most importantly to me, the nostalgia emitted by these collectibles.

To keep things organized, my collection is categorized into 4 categories listed below. Everything showcased was obtained in the order shown. I plan on updating this thread as items enter/exit my collection.

Note, I didn’t finish uploading all of the pieces I would have liked to, but it’s coming very soon.

That is all, George :blush:

14 Likes

@kinggr,

Wonderful collection, but I would like to hear the story about that machamp haha.

vr

odds

5 Likes

One of these things is not like the other…

4 Likes

The PSA 1 - 1st Zard looks like it has a pretty clean front! Is the back just completely white?

Love it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Also, where is the PSA 1 Blastoise?! Please tell me you aren’t content with that 2

1 Like

That card got listed on eBay in 2017 and I asked the seller what happened to it. He said that he shot it with a BB gun, and asked me to offer $1 for it for shits and giggles. So of course I went ahead and did.

After I bought it, I went on my explore page on Instagram, and there was a post of a guy shooting a PSA 6 Machamp. We then met on IG and had a good laugh about it haha.

He listed the card as “FFFffYou Machamp 1st Edition - (-6) PSA” lol. Actually sent me a vid of him shooting the card.

9 Likes

It’s in what I like to call “washing machine condition”. It’s creased to hell and has water damage. Worthy of its 1 :blush:

I actually have been wanting a PSA 1 Blastoise to match the Charizard and Venusaur, but I could always turn that 2 into a 1 haha

1 Like

Quite the treasure my man! I really dig your thread presentation. The organization is top tier. It’s gonna be so pretty when it’s done :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you I plan on spending my Friday night uploading some more haha I appreciate it! It definitely took some effort :blush:

1 Like

FYI many people find the “r” word very hurtful.

Sweet collection!

1 Like

@charetard Amazing collection! Any binder cards as well or just graded cards? You have a ton of my favorites! I really like the secret rare charmander. Also if you havnt already you should check out secret rare Charmeleon from Ex team Rocket Returns! He looks like he’s in space or some kind of crater! Definitely looking forward to your next updates!

2 Likes

I appreciate it, @mcorey777! I do have binder cards as well, I may add those eventually :blush:

TRR Charmeleon is a box topper just like FRLG Charmander so I think he is supposed to be in this set, you’re right. Maybe in the future!

1 Like