CGC Grades No. 1 Trainer and Illustrator

Agree BGS looks the worst. The label is actually the least impressive thing to me. Played a lot of sports when I was younger so every time I see a BGS slab all I think about is the box of trophies sitting in my basement because its the exact same kind of labels.

9 Likes

Wow that is the most accurate description I’ve heard!

5 Likes

Thanks. Unfortunately its just one of those things you can’t unseen after awhile lol

1 Like

I love the BGS label but I also loved the labels on my shitty football trophies. :laughing:

3 Likes

First time I’ve ever heard someone cite viewability as the reason for preferring BGS lol. BGS slabs have by far the worst viewability of the three main grading companies. The inner sleeve has glare and adds an extra layer that further obscures the card. I’m not saying there’s nothing good about BGS – just that I’m surprised to hear viewing experience cited in support of BGS.

5 Likes

Well in my PSA slabs you cannot actually see the edges of the cards because the plastic of the case is up against the edge of the card and I also dont really like how much the cards slide around in PSA cases as well. :man_shrugging: