CGC Employee's Astroturfing E4

This is one of the most difficult posts I’ve had to make in the 10 years of this site. This circumstance is disappointing to say the least, and something I never thought E4 would encounter.

CGC employee’s were on multiple accounts shilling the company. Otherwise known as Astroturfing.

These accounts all shared the same IP address. Multiple with CGC and NGC emails. Also the official CGC account confirmed in writing these accounts were used by CGC employees.

If there is any confusion, comments like this, and this, and this, and this, and this are shilling and in violation of our rules. Furthermore, this is why youtube, Instagram and other platforms require content creatures to declare their sponsor. Its also why the FTC has laws against this exact situation. The accounts were not disclosed. They were only “declared” after getting caught, which is too little too late. The damage is already done. Some of these accounts go back a year.

Posting an opinion as a free standing individual is completely fine. Working for a company and joining a site as a “random” member to promote your company, while simultaneously shitting on your competition is not only deplorable, its unprecedented. In the now over a decade of this site, no other company or person has shilled to this extent. That includes multiple billion dollar companies who have requested access, all were denied, all respected the rules. We created a New Rule to make it abundantly clear.

Due to the inherent nefarious nature of this situation, all CGC accounts are permanently banned from E4. To make it crystal clear, CGC has lost access to E4.

106 Likes

o _ O (jaw drops)

1 Like

You would think they would try to think of a more clever and inconspicuous username than “cgccards.”

3 Likes

Boomers going to boom

4 Likes

Mic Drop

3 Likes

Smh this whole time I could’ve been getting a nice pay check to shit on PSA instead of doing it for free.

75 Likes

A clearly identifiable CGC account is much less of an issue. The issue is the other accounts, operated by CGC employees, which posed as grassroots collectors to support and defend CGC while bad-mouthing CGC’s competitors.

13 Likes

yikes, this is not a good look for CGC…

8 Likes

I mean, if there name is cgccards is that really not disclosing?

Yikes

2 Likes

Read literally any part of the original post before commenting. They had numerous accounts that did not disclose their affiliation. The “CGC Official” account was the last one they made.

12 Likes

CGC couldn’t afford me!

SHAME

How could madara do this

4 Likes

So @two was the only one shilling or there were other accounts not in the screenshot? Regardless it’s disappointing

2 Likes

@funmonkey54 has this information changed your position on acting as a CGC consultant/expert?

2 Likes

super embarrassing for them

1 Like

Top 10 Anime Betrayals now with double the Madara

3 Likes