Card Sleeves in Binders

I know. Another card sleeve thread… I’ve gone back and researched them all on here. But as formulas change and new products are released I’m genuinely interested in knowing others opinions on how they care for their cards. (I know you don’t like binders Gary :wink:

I’m a binder collector and want to know what you like to use for sleeving your cards.

Do you like to double sleeve? Do you think perfect fits are made by Satan himself?

2 Likes

Perfect Fit Sleeves
Penny Sleeve

I also like those ETB sleeves for cards im not grading and just storing on 4side binders, they look great.

2 Likes

@nickofturl,
Hi Brother.
Actually, it’s only ringed binders I don’t care for anymore:)

4 Likes

I use the new 9 slot all in one binders with penny or dragon shield matte sleeves

1 Like

With the plethora of poke enlightenment that you are endowed with, do you sleeve your binder cards?

Always have.

1 Like

@garyis2000

What sleeves do you use?

He uses tape. :grin:

3 Likes

Also a binder collector, and I use these Quiver penny sleeves. They’re slightly more rigid than most penny sleeves, which makes me less nervous I’m going to screw up and bend something putting cards in the binder.

www.amazon.com/Quiver-Protector-Standard-Individual-Scratches/dp/B07B9NY3K4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=quiver+sleeves&qid=1575372248&sr=8-1

I don’t use the perfect fit sleeves mostly because I’m terrified I’m going to tear the cards up just trying to get the stupid thing on the card.

1 Like

I just used whatever I had around but I haven’t started up a new binder in many years.

Side loading Ultra Pro Pro-Binders with Penny Sleeves works like a charm. Only downside is that the corners of the Penny Sleeves can fold over if you wanna do it all to much in a hurry which looks shabby. Double Sleeving I just don’t get…

2 Likes

From someone who has tried many sleeves and spent countless hours double sleeving everything, just go with penny sleeves. They are more than adequate for side loading binders and down the line if you wish to remove the card from the binder and sleeve you will have zero issues.

3 Likes

I actually am just starting another binder right now. I have multiple binders with different setups. For my Base set collection onward, I use the ETB sleeves inside a side loading binder because I like the silver border it gives around the cards. For my modern Ultra Rares binder, I have one of those Pokemon branded binders that come with clear pages that hold 180? cards. I do double sleeve with a perfect fit + penny sleeve for that binder. Finally, the new binder I’m working on is a second Collector’s Album 3" D ring binder for all my old random holos, reverse foils, and rares. The pages I got with this binder don’t take penny sleeves well so I’m just using perfect fit sleeves only. I’m going with this binder because it allows growth for my collection. As long as you open and close it properly, you don’t have to worry about your cards getting messed up. My first Collector’s Album is holding some World of Warcraft cards and it’s been doing just fine.

Look at LaTCG sleeves

I’m seeing this from a lot of people and think I’m going to try it myself to see how I like it.

I think most of the reviews for sleeves are more for those who play and not for the collector.

1 Like

as someone who plays a lot of MTG, you are going to want to dragon shield perfect fit sealable, and then dragon shield matte an expensive deck

but when it comes to my expensive cards I have them sitting in penny sleeves and then in binders or card savers

penny sleeves are better for the collectibles as they are loose fitting

For binders, I only use side loading with no rings.

I always sleeve first with either a penny sleeve or the sleeve they give you in Elite Trainer Boxes.

1 Like

I use Dragon Hide side loading binders from Legion Supplies. KMC side in inner sleeve and Dragon Shield Clear Matte outer sleeve.

2 Likes

I go with Penny sleeves and side load binders.

How does that gold binder look in person? I just ordered a blue one, the gold will be next.