Buying on Instagram

Is there an effective way to do find specific cards on Instagram?

Hashtags have not really worked for me in the past.

I usually end up doing hundreds of people to try and find a card I am looking for.

Im not sure if people get annoyed by it but if they don’t have it they can just ignore it and if they do have it they can make a sale.

1 Like

www.instagram.com/tcg.collector/

8 Likes

huh, i never knew this existed. Thanks for this resource!

@dragonitehoarder, honestly id say this is a good question. I dont really buy/sell on instgram myself but always wondered how others scoped out deals and things effectively like going through the realms of ebay. Seems to me many just follow other collectors and such and see things that way, but as for other methods im not sure. Then again, ive only ever really looked around once for something so who knows whats around.

be interested to hear others thoughts on this!

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’ve used him once, it was $3 and I got tons of hits for something I was trying to sell. It actually even ended up getting me like 50 new followers too which was cool lol

1 Like

I would just get to know a few people first, thats how I get a lot of my cards by interacting with other collectors and talking about our collections! But be carefull, I see more and more scams, even from people with 5k+ followers just because they can

It’s harder to look for specific cards on Instagram, but it’s a great place to find deals as most are looking to avoid ebay fees. Gary is on it and as far as I can tell he’s having a great time selling his cards there.

Just make sure to pay g&s when buying or selling on insta

tcg seems 100% great, have a couple of my buys up there now

Insta drives me NUTS. Virbank is a lot easier but scammers are always abundant :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

You should mainly trust instagram sellers that also have a high feedback ebay page or well known youtuber. Proceed with caution if they don’t have an either. Don’t fall for instagram superstars.

yeah, IG isn’t great for searching for specifics. you just browse and hope you hit it. but i think IG is great for established people to have a presence for buying/selling cards.

Anyone else having issues finding that account? I can not find the Tcg.Collector anymore

still shows up on my Instagram, no problems here

Haven’t bought cards on insta, but I suppose if you’re scared of being scammed, make them do the purchase on eBay or pay through PayPal.

Searching for specific cards on insta is basically impossible…hashtags don’t work… nothing really does.

Like folks say here- you basically have to find accounts that sell

I would not recommend this guy. I’d recommend Pallettown_pokemon_tcg & Pokezardcollection.

4 Likes

The original owner sold the page a couple months ago. I have not dealt with the new page owner of tcg collector, so can’t speak to it. Original owner is a very cool guy

1 Like

I would also not recommend tcg.collector. Does not agree to his word. He’s fees are exuberant as well.

Doesn’t matter anymore but previously he had agreed to sell his 1st ed 9 zard to me for 46.5k, confirmed with me agreed that I would get my funds ready. Then says it wasn’t his card and sold it to someone else. Also said he sold another 9 zard for 65k recently. Another zard, right. If you give someone your word, honoring it seems like the right thing to do.

5 Likes

That makes sense. I wanted to list something for 50k USD OBO. He wanted 2% ($1000 USD) upon a completed sale (without specifying if selling through him or elsewhere) and $50-$60 USD upfront. I was like, even eBay doesn’t charge that much upon a completed sale. Then he drops it down to $100. Waste of time that one.

5 Likes