Burnedos's Collect. 2021 UPDATE:PSA Return,Worlds Cards etc!

Greetings everyone, I got last year’s order back from Ludkins last week and I felt like it was time to start my collection thread.
It’s (almost) all about the promos for now :grin:

I am a dog person, but the Mew artworks alone made this one of my favorite Pokemon.

Can you spot my profile avatar? :face_with_spiral_eyes: It’s a photo of the same card before grading :stuck_out_tongue:

23 Likes

love the mew ex

2 Likes

I love Mew cards!

2 Likes

June 2020 Update: Smol trophy, Litwicks, etc.

Ninetales Delta Species is one of my favourite artworks of all time, I buy them whenever I see them undervalued and have almost two binder pages full, they’re stupid hard to grade because of the factory lines - here’s my PSA 9 copy. :blush:

I also made some progress on my lit Wicke collection:

Sry, I had to.

I did actually adjust my long term goal in regards to Litwick - I’m chasing all the variants of the evolution line released in the three languages I collect! These are some of the pages. I’m glad they regularly recieve new cards. :slightly_smiling_face:

Aaaand probably the biggest update: I was able to find a 2018 Champion’s League Kyoto 3rd place trophy Pika!

This is one of the cards that definetely grew a lot on me from when I first saw it. I think a lot of the disdain I heard in earlier years came from desire for designs we could’ve had instead & I agree, cosmos foil for example makes everything better - but all of that doesn’t change what this card is:

One of 78 awarded in total, one of 20 awarded with the 2018 stamp and one of 6 with this exact stamp and release in Kyoto.

I’m actually glad the original winner kept their trophy case, because they still have part of their “badge of honor” from the tournament and I wouldn’t feel 100% comfortable displaying it otherwise. And if this is one of pkonnos dungeon copies instead, I’m relieved it’ll soon be hygienically isolated from the rest of the world. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Plus, it really is stunning in person. :wink:

15 Likes

Nice trophy! And that signed card looks nice :wink:

5 Likes

Very cool collection :blush:

1 Like

Great selection of cards!

2 Likes

That 2006 Staff 10 is Fire!

2 Likes

So lucky with that one! Impulse purchase from eBay in late 2018/early 2019… the seller also listed a Top 32 and Top 16, each below like 200$/300$ - didn’t have the guts back then to buy those too. Of course they were also gone within minutes. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

When I saw Litwick in the post, I was fully expecting the Call For Family Litwick.
I played him in my Chandelure deck and won quite a few tournaments with him.
I sold him to fund new decks because of rotation etc, but thanks for having him in your collection!

1 Like

For sure - that’s cool, I didn’t know he was so playable :blush: The person I bought them from actually gave me the second one for free, that’s why I keep them both in the binder. :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats on the additions! I love that particular artwork of Ninetales. I equate it with how amazing the artwork is for Neo Discovery Espeon.

1 Like

Love the trophy card! Great collection overall. Mew+Munch+Trophy=happy me!

1 Like

I love your taste in cards. :blush:

1 Like

oof, I love that ninetails too :blush: so good

1 Like

So, it has been over a year huh. Time

I’m probably gonna post updates in no particular order as I just got my June 2020 Sub back and am still working through it & scanning… also I started getting more into phone cards, post cards and other non-TCG items over the course of 2020 and I’ll have to figure out a way to properly share these. Anyway, it’s not gonna take a year until the next update.:stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s start with this guy from last year:

Who is now comfortably sitting in this PSA 10 case!

Here’s the beautiful Fan Club Eevee I shared on instagram (I’ll post updates there as well :blush: ):

https://instagram.com/p/CQ4ufnfLm58

There was progress with the worlds collection (some are still in grading, including all realistic missing years):

I very recently bought this awesome set of Shikishi-style Pikachu artworks formerly released by the Pokemon Center Japan!

So cute :stuck_out_tongue:

And to finish this first update of 2021, here’s the trophy I shared last year - also safely sitting in its new PSA case!

13 Likes